Is it safe to say that WWE dropped the ball with the "Cena is fired" storyline?

It actually had potential but they had him return a week later and attack Nexus >.>

Now next week he'll probably be back in the roster

I have nothing against Cena but come on now

ArmyofOn: He was heel for a lil bit early in his career.

Favorite Answer

I personally think it would have been better if they would have made more of a storyline with Cena and NEXUS. It would have been a nice story line if they would have made him a Heel. I think it would have been a nice change for WWE because Cena has been a Face since a has been in the WWE. I would like to see Cena a Heel for once in his career.

Of course they dropped the ball. It was stupid. They didn't even attempt to sell the him being fired angle at all. First they had that 'Juan Cena' thing then he is on raw attacking nexus the next week.

If they got Cena off TV until Wrestlemania he could have returned during the main event of the biggest PPV of the year, they have one of the classic spots where the referee is knocked out and he could have come back as a face for a huge pop or a heel for a dramatic turn but no, they do the worst possible thing they could have done with this angle

They had a storyline with Cena coming back as a masked Mexican Wrestler named Juan Cena (John's cousin). Where he has a storyline with the Nexus trying to de-mask him to prove its Cena. The storyline was horrible though, it reminded me of that horrible Hogan/McMahon storyline where Hogan was fired and came back as Mr. America. I'm really glad they scratched the idea. I rather see this storyline instead.

I used to think of that if the perspective with Cena and Nexus have been to bypass on longer, that they'd have Wade Barrett and John Cena and Nexus circle the hoop looking like they have been approximately to attack Cena, yet instead attack Barrett, hence breaking apart Nexus, and turning the two John Cena heel/ Wade Barrett face or purely Nexus face.

Why didn't the security do their job instead of whining and complaing that Nexus beat them up? Why hasn't the GM been involved? Why did John Cena's music play at the end of RAW last week?

I know it is scripted, but if you are going to do it, do it right.

• Wiggy

Well, we as fans really have no idea where they wanted to take the whole storyline anyway, so to say they "dropped the ball" is kinda ridiculous.

But I thought that him jumping in the ring and attacking Nexus was too obvious

It was best that they ended that storyline because it was obvious that he was not really fired.

• Dass

Yes, quite badly. COME ONE, YOU COULDN'T HAVE GONE ONE WEEK WITHOUT HIM ON TV?!

yeah! like really WE ALL KNOW HES NOT FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not really in my opinion