What are the main events in pride and prejudice?
i need 10 to 15
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy arrive in Netherfield.
2. The Bennet family goes to a dance and meets Mr. Darcy, Mr. Bingley, and Mr. Bingley's sister, Caroline. Mr. Darcy insults Elizabeth and causes her to dislike him. Meanwhile, Mr. Bingley and Elizabeth's sister, Jane, have a mutual flirtation.
3. Jane visits Netherfield to have tea with Mr. Bingley's sister, a jealous and snobbish woman who dislikes Jane for her lack of fortune wants to marry Mr. Darcy for his money and position. While there, Jane becomes sick and Elizabeth comes to stay with her. Elizabeth, Caroline, and Mr. Darcy exchange a few harsh words.
4. After returning home, the Bennet family has a guest, thier cousin, Mr. Collins, who wants to marry one of the Bennett daughters to secure good relations with the family, as he will inherit Mr. Bennet's estate.
5. On a trip to town, Elizabeth meets Mr. Wickham. He slanders Mr. Darcy, claiming that they were childhood friends and that Darcy cheated him out of his inheretance.
6. At a ball hosted by Mr. Bingley, Elizabeth, hoping to see Mr. Wickham, reluctantly agrees to dance with Mr. Darcy. As they dance, they enter a heated argument about Mr. Wickham and their mutual pride.
7. Mr. Collins proposes to Elizabeth, and after being refused, he proposes to her friend Charlotte, who accepts. Meanwhile, Jane, who is in love with Mr. Bingley, receives a letter from Caroline Bingley who claims that Mr. Bingley has returned to London to pursue Georgiana Darcy, Mr. Darcy's little sister. Heartbroken, she goes on holiday with her aunt and uncle to London.
8. Later, Elizabeth visits Mr. & Mrs. Collins at thier home in Lady Catherine de Bourgh's large estate. At a dinner hosted by Lady Catherine, she meets Darcy, who is Lady Catherine's nephew, and his friend, Colonel Fitzwilliam. Darcy shows greater interest in Elizabeth, but she is furious when she inadverdantly discovers from Colonel Fitzwilliam that Darcy separated Jane and Mr. Bingley. Mr. Darcy then proposes to her and is brutally refused. Heartbroken, Mr. Darcy gives her a letter explaining that Mr. Wickham gambled away his inheritance and tried, unsuccedingly to make Georgiana elope with him. The letter also said that Darcy did separate Bingley and Jane, but he only did it out of his friend's best interest. Elizabeth then returns home.
9. Elizabeth's aunt and uncle take her on an tour of lage estates on the countryside. They go to Pemberly, Mr. Darcy's home, and enexpectedly meet Mr. Darcy there. He is still in love with Elizabeth and is very kind to her and introduces her to his sister, who immediately likes Elizabeth.
10. Just as she begins to realize that she is falling in love with Mr. Darcy, Elizabeth receives news that her youngest sister, Lydia, has disgraced the family by running away with Mr. Wickham. Wickham demanded a large sum of money to marry Lydia, a girl with no dowry, and the Bennett family is very concerned. Elizabeth is sad, thinking that Mr. Darcy wouldn't want to marry her because her family's reputation had been ruined. She returns home and Lydia later reveals to her that Mr. Darcy found them in London and paid for thier marriage.
11. Darcy and Bingley return to Netherfield and Mr. Bingley proposed to Jane and she accepts. That evening, Lady Catherine barges into the Bennett house, insisting that Elizabeth is to refuse any offer of marriage made to her by Mr. Darcy, her nephew. Elizabeth refuses Lady Catherine's ridiculous notion.
12. Dispite his aunt's disapproval, Mr. Darcy proposes to Elizabeth and she readily accepts.
13. The new Mr. & Mrs. Bingley and the new Mr. and Mrs. Darcy live happily ever after.
I know this outline isn't perfect, but I hope it will help!
- sammonsLv 44 years ago
i'm uncertain what your asking, yet indexed under are some important events: a million. Bingley strikes to the community. 2. The Bennett's meet him and Darcy at a dance. 3. no one is inspired with Darcy's character. 4. Bingley starts off liking Elizabeth's elder sister, Jane. 5. Darcy convinces Bingley to flow to city so he won't fall for her much extra. 6. Darcy starts off liking Elizabeth. 7. Darcy asks Elizabeth to marry him. 8. Mr. Collins asks for Elizabeth's hand, which she refuses. 9. Collins marries Elizabeth's maximum suitable buddy. 10. Wickim (sp?) comes into the image. 11. Wickim runs away with Lydia Bennett. 12. Elizabeth starts off liking Darcy. 13. Bingley and Jane marry. 14. Darcy and Elizabeth marry. those are no longer inevitably in chronlogical order. desire that facilitates some!