Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why do many Mexican Americans often aren't consistent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_Allegiance_%2...

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;"

Then when it comes to the part of following the laws of the United States, it seems ok to ignore or in some cases aid & abet in violating this one -------> 8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/8/12/II/VIII/13... ... like those folks in East L.A., many in the border states and much of the vote that Reid in NV got to be re-elected?

Favorite Answer

They're not immigrating, they're occupying.

No attempt at assimilation, because the goal is reclamation.

They're not really inconsistent, but they're not honest about their intentions either.

Maybe they don't agree with the US policy regarding Mexico, as millions of other Americans as witness by the reaction to Arizona. Being American, doesn't mean you always agree with their policies. Mexicans take the jobs no one else want here & are the most exploited poor people in this country. We should create a responsible path to citizenship. And Mexican Americans aren't being any less American for fighting for their rights - human rights. This country was founded on immigrant labor.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of narrow minds.

Emerson

Introducing the Chevrolet ASTRO. Capacity for a family of 7.... or 38 mexicans.

For the same reason your right wingers reject and object to American principals and traditions that you disagree with. Because they are human beings.

Source(s): common sense
  • Alysa

Epic grammar fail.