Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Best Way Home After A Party?

Im Going to my friends 19th birthday party , its a 15min ride , what is the best way to avoid driving home without giving my keys to someone ?

• Deana
    Favorite Answer

Walk, bus, train, taxi, arrange a lift or for a family member to pick you up.

You can always stay over at someones house till morning.

Either cab it both ways (no keys to give up) or cab it home or hoof it home. Leave car at home and catch a ride with someone and then cab it home. Call someone who hasn't been drinking for a lift. Crash overnight at the hosts house. Sleep in the yard of some neighbor and you get a lift from the police right to their station, better to have a public intoxication than dui or a major accident that could injure you or someone else.

You can't walk that far, especially if you've been drinking, so if you don't have the self control to not drive drunk, take a cab there and back or have someone be a designated driver. Make sure it's someone who will stay sober.

Taxi,Bus or a friend or family member walking is not recommended you could get hurt I have seen it.

(example) true story

just last night a neighbor was running to the store trying to get there before they closed and ran into a telephone post.

I hope he's okay

also I have seen people along side the road staggering and falling down. falling off bikes etc.

think about this staggering into the road and getting hit.

Source(s): experienced,seeing happen

Call a Cab.

Leave car keys at home.

Or stay sober.

Well, don't drink. If you are underage, it is probably a bad idea anyways. But if you do intened on drinking, call a cab for the ride home.

• ?

Taking a cab

Walk

Ride out there with someone who doesn't drink and give them gas money to bring you back home.

Public transportation. Seriously, ive gotten really wasted before.

Heck you will never know how fun it is to try to DRIVE the railroad bus drunk!!!