What do you think this guy wants from me?

I met a guy in the shopping mall the other day(p.s he's a shoe sales man at the mall), he told me his car crashed and asked me to send him home so I sent him home with my car...then we started communicating by emails, then after 2 days, he told me he lost his home key and asked if he can sit at my home, I really don't get what this guy wants from me? Do you think he just can't find another person to help? Should I continue talking to him or no?

• Bill
    Favorite Answer

He sounds to me like a bit of a con or the type that has a ready sob-story to get people's sympathy and maybe even more in with them. I have know people like this.

In other words, ditto the above answers--that's major league suspicious.

Be careful.

If he comes up with a big problem #3 I need help scenario, better put your foot down and say sorry but you've helped enough. If he starts pestering or stalking, contact the police. File a report.

Just to agree with your instinct: This is majorly creepy.

Sometimes people DO fall into situations where they just can't make friends, particularly if they are extremely shy. But if he seems very personable, then he's probably friendless for a reason, unless he just moved there.

But to have this happen two days after he 'crashed his car' sounds like maybe he either wants to get close to you, or didn't have keys in the first place.

If you have further contact with him, I wouldn't engage in it alone. I'd try to put my distance between myself and this person. Whatever he ultimately wants, I simply don't believe he's being honest with you.

Keep a record of his texts if he's contacting you that way, just in case he starts stalking you.

• Lee

Where is your car now? Tell him to sit in that.

i think he is a stalker