Anonymous

Are there any bIack musicians as great as Mozart and Beethoven was?

Update:

Harry Hippie- It was not proven that Beethoven was black because he wasn't.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

not that i know.

edit: she specifically asked if there were any black musicians AS GREAT as Mozart and Beethoven...none of the musicians you all listed are/were as great as Mozart or Beethoven. Mozart and Beethoven are legends, some of the most famous and well-known musicians in history.

And in a way this question is unfair, bc blacks then were in Africa mostly, and weren't involved in classical music...weren't allowed, more like.

But bottom line is, no, there are none as great as Mozart and Beethoven.

and who the hell said Beethoven was black???? he was a white German. Mozart was white Austrian.

• 1 decade ago

YES. Chuck Berry, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Jimi Hendrix, Herbie Hancock, Ella Fitzgerald, Cab Calloway, Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Count Bassie, James Brown, Bo Diddley, and don't forget Michael Jackson - - to name just a few.

There was no way there could have been any great black composers back in Mozart and Beethoven's time - If you saw any Africans in Europe, they were slaves.

• 4 years ago

that's extra beautiful, a white lily, a crimson rose or a pink orchid? (or in line with danger for us rain-wooded area dwellers, the yellow skunk cabbage?) useful that's impossible to rank those styles of issues yet that's what we are right here for on Y!A - to bravely (or stupidly) undertaking to do the impossible: in case you had asked me two decades in the past: i might have long previous with Mozart, Beethoven and then Bach. (Mozart is fairly available has friendly melody and counterpoint, and Amadeus replaced into irresistable. besides the undeniable fact that it fairly is somewhat too candy-coated at cases - an older extra mature Mozart could have been exciting yet we will by no skill understand) 10 years in the past i might have chosen Beethoven first for his emotional content fabric. The Moonlight Sonata no remember how overplayed is astonishing and the Appasionata is breathtaking (while performed nicely). i think of Beethoven could have been a rock famous guy or woman if he lived as we talk. besides the undeniable fact that recently i've got been getting to grasp Bach's actual genius. I used to think of that his song replaced into too mechanical and mathematical yet there is an fabulous intensity and subtlety to it. i admire the Goldberg differences (as performed by skill of Glen Gould) and the 'nicely Tempered Clavier' sequence. Like consistently diverse song for various moods. (Mozart is the king of chamber song, Beethoven for contemplation and Bach for doing my morning Sudoku)

• 1 decade ago

Chevalier Joseph.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Joseph Boulogne Chevalier de Saint-Georges and Fredericka King are in my opinion fantastic. This really depends on your perception of great musicians. I for one am surprised someone as uncultured as yourself dabbles in classical music.

• 1 decade ago

first off it has been proven that BEETHOVEN was black!....if you would learn to read and stop looking at the world with your fathers raciest eyes you would know that!...you would rather repeat what you hear as opposed to researdhing!

the sad thing is that i (as a white man) used to be just like you until i realized that there is no way that we are the only ppl on the planet that has done anything great..how weak!...the fact is that we are MUTATIONS therfore we are really not white but BLACKS living in denial and we will do anything to cover up the truth even if it means teaching lies!

• 1 decade ago

Were* . And I'm almost certain that there were plenty of them. Race has no effect on how good a musician they are though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Keyshia Cole and Nickuh Minaj

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ray charles was pretty good. And how could you forget the king of pop Micheal Jackson??!!!

• 1 decade ago

Go away you racist but there are they're great jazz players.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.