Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

How do i recover my routers lost username and password?

Now, i know very little in this situation, cus i didnt set up the internet. My dads buddy did.

But im gonna port forward something, and i type in my routers default gateaway into my adress bar (URL) and it promts me for a pass and username. ofcourse ive already googled me to trying the deafault pass, but my deafault pass is Username: leave blank Password: admin

(wich it sais on the physical router) and its the wrong password. so how do i "crack" myself to the pass x) ? it i s also possible for me to get connected to the router by cable, if so needed

If i have to reset it, will that be a long process of seting up the internet again :( ?

You can reset it. On the router, their should be a reset button that you can press. Afterwards, connect to your internet and type your ip address of your modem into the web browser. The default password and username is admin. Afterwards, input your security settings and change your administration password and username.

you could always reset it to factory defaults.