I need help picking out a major/career!?!?

I was first off going to do radiation therapy or health care administration but realized health care isn't REALLY my thing and I want to do something i really like. I'm a senior and need to find something asap. I'm really into fashion, magazines, interior design etc. and i also really like working with computers. ANY ideas??

Favorite Answer

OK, bare with me here b/c I'm going to try really hard not to sound like the old man that I am. I think too many people waste their time in activities that do nothing to promote the concept of who they really are. Of course, it can't be all work all the time but the more effort you put into constructive activities, the more you'll come to find who you really are.

You say your a senior so I'm guessing you're a senior in high school. Although you certainly shouldn't waste your time boozing it up and partying, why do you need to find something "ASAP?" Most degrees have the same first two years. Get your basics done and worry about what you want to be later. In that time, you can get jobs or internships in fields your interested in. It's a cliche but it's true, do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Good luck. Just asking the question puts your leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.

You sound like your creative so if your good at drawing perhaps architecture because of your interest in computers and design.

You could also try start your own business in interior design or fashion if your entrepreneurial. You could major in any one of these and maybe IT however this could be seen as boring as some.

Ps. I'm in a simalar situation but i've decided I'm not going to worry about it anymore as I always have the chance to change my mind if I'm not enjoying myself.