How do you figure out your "voice parts" you can sing?? PLZ HELP :D?

I wanted to audition for the school musical. At the meeting they said "You have to put down on the form, what voice parts you are comfy singing, or else"

and I don't know how to figure out? Can someone send me a link to directions, or explain to me different voice parts?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The four main voice types are Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass.

Soprano: the highest female voice type. They can usually sing anything from middle C (C4) to an A to octaves above middle C (A5), or maybe even higher.

Alto: lowest female voice type. Altos usually sing from the F below middle C (F3) to the second D above middle C (D5)

Tenor: higher male voice type. Range is usually between the C below middle C (C3) to the A above it (A4)

Bass: lowest male voice type. They usually sing from somewhere around the second F below middle C (F2) to a bit above middle C.

To figure out which one you are, just find a piano and ask someone where middle C is, and sing a scale down and mark the lowest note you can sing, and then sing up and mark your highest note that you're comfortable singing. Traditionally, altos sing in their chest voice, so if you're an alto, try not to sing in your head voice (the squeakier, quieter, breathier voice) too often.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are three main voice parts: soprano, second soprano, and alto.

Sopranos sing the highest notes, sometimes reaching a high A or B. They're like the violins of a choir.

The second sopranos sing the middle range in a young choir. They generally sing a range that starts lower than the first sopranos but end usually as high.

The altos :D sing the low range. They may sing from a low G to a high E comfortably. Altos usually have a harmony, and if the song is something you already know the melody to it can be harder. The alto section is generally smaller than the sopranos, but that's ok cuz you don't want to overpower the melody. Hope this helps!!!

Source(s): ChoirGal
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.