How do you make friends in college?

People are nice...in high school i always had lots and lots of friends and now idk what happened...i'm friendly and always talking to people but idk...they're nice and thats it..

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's hard to be in a new place and someplace with more people. And unlike high school, you don't necessarily run into the same people day after day, for years. The schedule is different and the pool is larger. But it doesn't mean people don't want to make friends. In fact, there are probably an awful lot of lonely people there but they're feeling the same way as you. So take some initiative. You just gotta suck it up and make the first move. Find some cool event that you think is interesting and might interest your prospective friend, and ask them if they want to check it out with you. It might feel weird to do this, but the worst that can happen is they say they're busy. Make sure you add everyone you meet to your Video Chat Rounds on Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/chatrounds/ ). Keeping up with people online is a good way to build relationships, especially if you don't get to see people every day.

• 1 decade ago

I made a lot of friends this semester in college, now the semester is over so i'm probably never gonna see any of them again :( you're right everyone is really nice and ALL the guys hold the door open for you! not used to that lol...

I became close to people by exchanging phone numbers so that if either one of us had a question about the homework or something we'd just text each other, then you automatically just start up a conversation and it just goes from there...

plus, being friends on facebook helps too lol :)

you seem really nice so theres no reason for people to not like you, like i said, just keep talking, and ask for help or ask questions about the class, hw, or teacher...good luck :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.