is my cartilage piercing infected?

I got my cartilage pierced on Nov 26, 2010. I cleaned it with anti bacterial hand soap, and a week later I started to push it back and forth near the mirror so I can get it in (to clean it). Now for this past week, it was getting dried out, and I've experience some pain. I think it's because I slept on it? Or I pulled it a little putting my hoodie on... But it's been like this about for a week now, I don't think It'll be like that for a week because I've pulled it/slept on it a little... or at least I hope not? When i first got it, i was able to push the stud back and for through my ear. I can no longer do that, it hurts. I was wondering do I have an infection? Or is it just an irratation? Do I need to stop cleaning it with anti bacterial soap and switch to something else? BTW, i did not to go claires. but i got it with a gun...

Youre irritating it. I have both of my cartilages pierced (both sides) and believe me,the soreness is perfectly normal sense cartilage takes longer to heal. It will be sore for ATLEAST 1-3 months,if not longer. And it won't heal completely for about 6 months to a year. I got mine done at Claire',and they give you an ear cleaner. So i suggest you dont use the soap any more cuz that can dry it out. I use abrown bottle of peroxide. Its from Walgreens and it says 'Hydrogen Peroxide" on it. Maybe go to Claire's and buy a bottle of their ear piercing cleaner. Clean your piercing 2-3 times a day. Try not to sleep on that side,and stop fiddling with it!

Opinions on this piercing!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201012...