Lauren asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Can you still wear a monofilament wig if you have your own hair?

Would it work to put my hair up, wear wig cap, and then put on a bald cap? Or would that be too uncomfortable to be worth it?

Favorite Answer

I don't think that would be a good idea; those wigs are designed for those that have lost all of their hair. the film is very thin and i believe your real hair will show through and cause an unnatural appearance. I would recommend a lace front or full lace wig instead. Hope this helps

Source(s): Personal Experience

There are many factors that can attribute to hair recession or massive hair fall and you need to find out which one exactly is responsible for the problem you are having now. Of course male pattern baldness is still the most common cause, but, for instance, if you are a woman things are deinitely different! This is the reason why you will need to really dig down and see the source of your problem.

Other causes of hair loss may include (both in men and women): severe mental or emotional stress, excessive use of coloring or bleaching agents, traction alopecia or excessive strain on the scalp due to braiding or corn rowing, hormonal changes, alopecia areata or hair loss due to autoimmune diseases, and many more. Each of these conditions will require a different approach in order to achieve success regardless of whether you're going to be using conventional or natural methods.

In my opinion it's much better to use natural methods as opposed to conventional ones, they're cheaper, have less to no side effects, and often more effective.

A good way of regaining your full head of healthy natural hair is well described on this guide: http://hairagain.toptips.org/

Have a nice day

• Windy

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDNLl

I would suggest letting your hair grow out and keep it neat so not to attract the "wrong" attention while not dressed. As a transsexual woman I am happy not to wear a wig anymore and I keep mine in a feminine style. You can still wear your hair in a pony tail or part it down the middel and keep a male look to it. Wigs are nice and you can change your style/color/length easily but they are hot and expensive to maintain well. Please, hun, go safely! Sharon True Transsexual Woman and American Trucker!