Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

How should I tell my bestfriend about her boyfriend?

Okay, I have 2 best friends, a guy and a girl. They met in October and recently went out. My girl friend is really shy and timid and this is her first relationship whereas the guy is outgoing and had many girlfriends before. So he told me he likes her and started to woo her. I helped him because he's a really great guy and a very good friend to me. She finally accepted him and they went out for like 2 weeks. Now he tells me that he's not over his ex-girlfriend yet and he realized that after going out with my girl friend so he's gonna break up with her. I'm seriously mad right now but there's nothing I can do. I know that it will break her heart and it's partially my fault for praising him in front of her. I told her how awesome and nice he is (which is true, as a friend; I didn't know that as a boyfriend he would be so horrible!!!) The thing is, at first I told him not to rush it and should get to know her more, but he didn't listen to me and asked her out right away. Now it looks like he was playing with her (now I don't even know if he was or not anymore) and now that he got her, he's throwing her away. I'm so shocked and mad I just don't know how to face my girl friend. What should I do for her? Do you think she would forgive me?

• Owlish
    Favorite Answer

You can't help that you didn't see that he wasn't all that into her. It really sucks that her first relationship was her as a rebound. I wouldn't drag the guy's name through the mud, but definitely tell her you are so embarrassed and you really though they would work out. Be on her side.

Tell her. The longer you wait the more hurt she'll be. She might be mad at you for a little while but I'm sure she'll forgive you in time. She'll realize that you were only looking out for her best interests. You sound like a good friend with a good heart who made a mistake. It happens.

make him tell her to her face, the whole truth. if he's a really awesome friend he'll do that. then just be there for her, but it sounds that she might not have been fully into him? and then just don't praise the boy friend really,,,that's all you can do right now i think. good luck!

you're going to have to tell her. if you don't that will just be so much worse if she ever finds out that you knew about this! if she really is your friend, then she'll definetly understand that you made a mistake. the only thing that you can do is tell her and apologise a lot!

I would stay out of it. You are going to hurt one of them anyway. If you tell her, he will be mad. You are in a lose lose situation. Trust me. Don't get caught up in the middle of it. You will regret it.

He should be the one to tell her. He should tell her everything. If she hears it from someone else, even you, she'll get madder.

Things goes how it goes. Let it be cause it was meant to be. Just be there for her. Always.

Gently and nicely! it will work!