Berr asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

how do you tell someone to go away?

I'm trying to find a quiet place to study but I don't know how to nicely tell people to shutup or go away. When I try to say this in a nice way, it either implies that I'm fine with people talking by not saying something or they totally think I'm a.... er, have an attitude problem. Any advice?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Tell them something along the lines of, "Guys, I'm really trying to study for this test in (subject) tomorrow. Can you please take your conversation someplace else so that I can concentrate? Thanks"

It's that simple.

• Ed Fox
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not enough detail.

The only place you are actually entitled to silence is in your own room.

If you are trying to tell people to be quiet in a public area, you do have an attitude problem

• 1 decade ago

Say, "I wish I could talk but I have to study now and, unfortunately, I can only study when it's quiet."

Everyone but a complete social boor will take the hint.

• 1 decade ago

Don't say the same thing every time just something on the lines of; "I need to study; can we talk some other time?" etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mary G
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Say, "Go away, I need a quiet place to study".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only places you can expect quiet are the library or your car.

• 4 years ago

U shouldn't tell her. postpone it as much as a threat. U do no longer prefer a woman to come back to u merely reason u have funds! U choose somebody who will accompany u in a bus while the limo breaks down!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.