bbbx883 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

why can't i get it out of my head?

i got it in my head that i'm sick when i'm really not. how can i get it out of my head?

its possible you have hypochondria. dont worry its not bad or anything, but you might want to get it checked out.

Hypochondria (or hypochondriasis, sometimes referred to as health anxiety or health phobia) is a somatoform disorder in which one has the unfounded belief that he or she is suffering from a serious illness. Hypochondria is often characterized by irrational fears of being diseased/dying, obsessions over minor bodily symptoms or imperfections, doubt and disbelief in doctors' diagnosis, constant self-examination and self-diagnosis and preoccupation with one's body. Hypochondriacs often require constant reassurance, sometimes from multiple doctors, family and friends.

Hypochondria is often associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and anxiety, and can also be brought on by stress.

Source(s): my brother had it

go to your doctor and tell him/her what you wrote here and let him/her check you out and tell you that you aren't sick. maybe that's all you need to hear is the doctor telling you that. worth a try anyway.

eat soup till you throw up