Anthony asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Question about braces???????

Should i use chapstick cuz i have braces and I'm scared to use chapstick lmao... im a worrier. and also should i only chew with my back teeth or just when chewing hard things? and when im flossing, should i avoid the metal thing in the back tht holds the wire? Thanks i got braces a week ago.

noooo, i meant am i supposed to use chapstick. I dont mean do i have to use chapstick if i have braces.

like i mean CAN i

You can use chapstick - I practically live off of cherry chapstick. Your not supposed to chew hard things?! But you can use your back teeth, just don't bite directly onto something with your front teeth, it's damaging to your braces. Your supposed to floss every tooth, and around EVERY bracket on your teeth - no exceptions. The metal thing in the back isn't going to get damaged or anything if you floss. But if it were to come off, the wire would still stay on your teeth because the bands around each bracket on your tooth is holding the wire as well... Hope this helps!:)

Yes you can. it's better if you put the chapstick on your lips and then spread it with your finger instead of rubbing your lips together (that can cause irritation sometimes). Don't eat anything chewy or hard (like ice or hard candy) , but everything else you can chew normally. Floss between ALL of your teeth!

Yes, you can use chapstick. You can also chew things normally. I don't know about the flossing part though (sorry).

Source(s): I have braces.

they tell you not to do alot of things when you have braces, but i didnt follow many of the rules i was given, my teeth turned out perfectly :) you dont need to use chapstick because you have braces, and what are u scared of.

yes you can use chapstick :)