Are most teenagers stupid?

I'm 16 and a junior at high school I'm pretty popular got lots of friends but I just find that I am surrounded by mostly stupid people. I have lots of friends but I mostly just use them to keep me from getting bored. The stuff they talk about r stupid their gossiping is stupid and their problems r always over stupid stuff. Thing I hate the most is how much people care about who's dating who or what people wear, like everybody cares way to much what other people think even though u probably never see that person again after 4 yrs in high school. So am I right here or wrong?

Favorite Answer

Yes, at least this generation, most of them sure are!

You seem to be intelligent and probably act older than your age and have more in common with adults. That is how I was. I feel sorry for you though, cause you HAVE to be around them. I don't have the patience for that anymore. I'd be choking them all!

• Mariah

Haha not all teenagers but yes, a lot. I care about what I wear though, but that's because I'm really interested in fashion, sometimes girls care a little bit too much though.

I think everything you're explaining though is just the typical teenager and I think a lot are stupid for other reasons. I just graduated High School but when I was there I heard so many stories about people drunk driving and partying. Those are things I think are stupid. I couldn't stand hearing that stuff I was on the verge of yelling at someone and informing them of all the families on the road with little kids in the car that could have been hit and killed because of them, I never said any of this though. I'm also sick of teenagers smoking, it's annoying.

Idk, I know I'm sounding like a mom right now but in reality i'm pretty fun to be around, I just don't do stupid things that endanger my life or others lives

I totally agree. I used to be friends with people like that, but I found people that I actually like who aren't completely useless. It takes time, and a lot of "trial and error". People like that tend to be slightly less intelligent than others just because they are so focused on gossip/ outer image, so they don't really "take in" much. They're incompetent.:)

• V

You're right. MOST teens are idiots and find that figuring out who their "BFF(:" is dating rather than what degree they would like to pursue in college.

But I've met a few articulate and very reliable friends whom I can trust with anything.

You just find all the wrong places to look.

Good luck on finding a friend worth calling a 'friend'.

Yes. you are surrounded.

you have taken the simple yet rarely found step to look outside the confines of your peers.

Good luck for the next 2 years

Source(s): http://k8r.us/

some mature faster than others... some never mature at all. trust me, when they reach their mid 20's they'll regret the majority of the things they're wasting their life on now.

No. Most teenagers are immature and act in the moment.

Why not hang around with the year above they might be more mature.

Well its half half. Most of them don't know how to think though.

• Some of them are.