Can $20,000 buy a piece of land with a standing building on it in California, Nevada, or Oregan?

My idea is to convert an empty diner or bar in the middle of nowhere into a cabin for myself. Has anyone seen such a piece of property for sale under 20000? Rezoning shouldn't be a problem if its stand alone and has been vacant forever.

Favorite Answer

Chances are super low. Remember, if a property has been "vacant forever", it's probably not going to be livable. It's probably going to need to be torn down.

I don't know where Oregan is, but I guess it's possible to find some land in the middle of nowhere in Oregon for $20k. Doubtful there will be much of an existing structure there, but anything is possible nowadays. Try http://www.realtor.com/ to see if you can come up with anything that works for you.

• rtfm

Highly unlikely you'd be allowed to establish residence in a building without power, water, or septic.

VERY unlikely you will find what you want.