Religious persons please answer....?

....hypothetically, would it be enough for you if there was no God but you did pass over to a beautiful place where all those that you loved were there to share eternal peace & happiness with you?!....

Favorite Answer

Eternal peace and happiness with those that I love would never be enough without something grander and something greater to aspire to than just me and mine.

Selfishness can never assure eternal peace and happiness and the grace that God provides is the only remedy for this principle in human nature.

It could never be enough without a continual elevation and extension of my mental, spiritual and physical abilities and powers. Only God can make that happen.

It could never be enough without the participation in and fulfillment of a divine purpose that has its origin in a Divine Mind.

It could never be enough to live eternally without fellowship and relationship with One who is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent and unchangeably loving.

While I love my family friends and other human beings, none of these that I know have the ability to cause me to constantly grow and increase in love and knowledge and understanding and goodness.

Do you know personally know of anyone who can love you like that other than God ?

Show N Tell

Source(s): www.issues-of-life.com http://the-issues-of-life.blogspot.com/

I hope you don't mind if I point out that it was thinking about the utter silliness of this that was part of my conversion.

Why in the world would I want there to be a beautiful place without the BEAUTY that it is a dim mirror of ?

And why would I think that eternal peace and happiness were possible without God when the whole mess of my life and of the world owed itself to denial of God in the first place ?

My heavens, woman, get a grip. You sound like Pollyanna.

The most beautful place is where God is. If I go over to a beautiful place but there is no God, I would be grateful but I would still try to find Him.

No, for without God there can be no eternal peace, or happiness.

I hope there is an afterlife, but i have come to terms with the idea that there might not be. But if their is no God, i will still take the Paradise.

with out a master plan from a higher power, such a thing could not be possible. BUT, if there were no God at all, that would be the next best thing for me.

No. Scripture implies that it will be dark unless God is there illuminating our world with His glory.

<><

Nope. God = truth. If there was no truth in the universe, love, family, all of it would be meaningless.

• E P

No.

I would require some trust in the management of such a place.

Sin will still be unforgiving and where ever you go will be full of sinners and look very similar to here.