Please help!! Why is it so difficult for me to lose weight?

It's pretty much impossible for me to lose weight and I don't know why.

Every day, I do half an hour of cardio [either dancing or running] and then half an hour of of strength training [I alternate arms+abs and legs every other day].

I don't eat any junk food and keep my calories under 1500. I also eat a lot of protein.

(My diet a bagel sandwhich with egg, ham, and cheese and a banana in the morning, a small handful of almonds for a snack, and then tangerines and a banana with a salad for lunch, and a salad for dinner. I also drink soymilk [i'm lactose intolerant], and water).

However, my weight just wont budge on the scale, and I don't see myself becoming any thinner.

This is becoming very frustrating to me because I have such a sweet tooth, and I've given up all sweets for a while I'm thinking about just quitting.

I know my body can lose more weight because this time last year, I was about 15 pounds lighter.

Plus I'm only 18, so it shouldn't be that difficult to lose weight.

I really want to lose weight, but I just don't know how. What am I doing wrong?

I'm 5'2" and 120 pounds.

I used to be 105 pounds until i starting eating junk food and gained 15 pounds.

My goal is to go back to my original weight, but its been impossible for me.

I've been trying to lose weight for the past month and half only to have my weight stay at 120 the entire time.

And to the guy who says post a pic or you'll think i'm anorexic, my waistline is 30 inches....definitely not thin. it used to be 24 inches. so trust me, i'm not anorexic.

• Ulina
    Favorite Answer

Hey, perhaps your weight is already perfect? Everybody has a natural "safe" weight where their body is at its healthiest, and it's hard to drop below it.

If your weight is in the healthy range, then maybe you're already at the weight you're supposed to be?

If this is possible then don't try to push yourself to go below it. Being healthy is the main thing.

X

Give it time and extend the resistance part. Jiu Jitsu or TKD are actually fun and fantastic way sto supplement diet and exercise.

Your workout intensity is either low or your catabolizing. More exercise + more intensity = more calories needed to build and maintain muscle.

Now more importantly, what do you call fat. You're doing alot right, so this raises a HUGE red flag for me. Even on that regimen I find it VERY hard to believe that you aren't healthy. Post a pic or I will assume are suffering from anorexia and recommend you seek help.

Bianca Beuchamp is hot, kate moss is a nasty bag of antlers. Or more apropos to your generation the Jacob is fit, that sparkly little 'man' is in dire need of some damned pasta.

Losing weight is not suppose to be a quick thing. If it is, you will gain it back as quick as you loose it. Loosing weight should be 1-2lbs per week. Don't be a quitter just because its not falling off of you so fast. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off eventually

You're BMI is at a healthy rate. At 105 lbs, you would be borderline healthy/underweight, so if you want to lose weight, I wouldn't overdue it. Just cut out the junk food and exercise and you should be fine.

It's hard for a lot of people out there, not just you.

I struggled to get rid this bit of belly fat I had for years, trying a whole bunch of things that didn’t work. I found a good site that gave me exercises and diet tips to help me burn fat that really helped a lot:

www.SlicedAbs.com

I hope you have the same success that I did!

Source(s): www.SlicedAbs.com

you sound healthy to me, so id say if you keep doing what your doing you will continue to be healthy and thats what matters. and once you stop thinking about it/trying to lose weight, thats when youll lose the weight.

also, switch up your exercise so youre body does not get used to it, that can also cause a plateau during weight loss

• Jacob

carry a cooler stocked with three bottles of water a six pack four pb js two oranges a bag of tortilla chips and 12 servings of cool cucumber salsa go to womenshealthmag allrecipes com for the recipe for 22 minutes

do the horizontal polka missionary style for an hour and 7 minutes

resistance bands are a comfortable and affordable at home exercise option for strength straining

Avoid eating you re stressed or bored