Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Do you find it hard/harder to exercise when menstrating? Why, why not?

Maybe I'm an anomoly, but lately 2 friends of mine have said they find it nearly impossible to exercise when menstrating, and that even eating as healthy as they usually do is difficult, as they crave carb-y things, however, I don't find exercising or eating healthy any harder when I'm menstrating. If I'm dieting, I don't LOSE as much weight (assumingly because of water retention), but I don't find it difficult. Then again, I don't cramp at all (if at all) nor do I feel bloated.

So, am I an anomoly?

• Kriss
    Favorite Answer

no, you're quite normal for an active person. meanwhile your friends are quite normal for inactive people or they are just making excuses to get out of exercising.

when I wasn't active, I had problems w/ bloating and low energy during my period and I didn't feel much like working out but once I became active, all that went away.

I dont really know if your an anomoly, but everyone is different so obviously you react differently.

Personally I crave more unhealthy foods (dieting is no fun while its that time of the month) like I crave carbs and sweets, and excersising I feel more heavy, tired, and uncomfertable doing it but its not impossible for me. I bloat and cramp mildly.

Source(s): Personal experience

I find it hard because they cramps are annoying and it throws me into a miserable fit. I really can't focus knowing that sweat is running down my body and blood flowing out of me.Yuck!

Hard if i have cramps but otherwise i feel great when i use a tampon because it feels like nothing diffrent to when im not :)

i think you mean menstruating.

but yeah, a lot of women get pretty fatigued when they have their period, that makes it hard to exercise. but everyone has different period symptoms, there are really no rules.