Rent to own a home? Real estate agents? nh?

I'm curious If anyone knows how to go about finding a good, helpful real estate agent?. Me and my two roommates want to find a rent to own home. Also if anyone has information on prerequisites for going about getting a rent to own home that would be very helpful also. Thanks!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Rent-To-Own Homes - http://RentToOwn.trustdd.com/?Adsb
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Rent-To-Own Homes : http://RentToOwnHome.iukiy.com/?oMzD
  • 9 years ago

It would probably be best to check the classifieds for homes that an owner is selling on their own, or would provide owner financing. You will need to watch the owner financed properties because the interest rate may be a lot higher than market rates. Most agents, unless it's their property, don't know which homes will allow for "rent-to-own. An agent you are working with can contact another agent who is listing a property but they would most likely want to see an offer (contract) before he/she approaches a seller. One thing you may want to do first is see a lender to see if you would be able to get a loan and for how much. If you have credit issues you should then be advised on approximately how long it could take before you are eligible to finance. This way you'll know how long of a timeframe to ask for when you are negotiating a rent/lease to purchase.

• E&L
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Usually BEFORE seeing a real estate attorney you would get yourself pre-approved for a mortgage so you would know how much you could afford. Call larger real estate companies since there are a lot less 'rent to owns' on the market today since with the drop in the home values, most rentals are not even covering the outstanding mortgage on the home itself.

Also speak with a real estate attorney about the if's . . . what if one of you get's married, get's transferred or how you split major repair bills on a house you own together.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago
  • 9 years ago

You aren't looking for a R.E. agent, they aren't listing rent to own stuff for the most part. Search craigslist and MLS for "rent to own" "owner finance" etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.