promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 9 years ago

How long do Yahoo! Answers suspensions typically last?

Yahoo! Answers suspended my friends account, and he literally has no reason why. He thinks that someone in the singles and dating section may have gotten butt hurt over a comment of his that they took personally, but wasn't innapropriate.

He was complaining to me that Y!A Didn't notify him about the ban, didn't specify how long the ban would last, and didn't give him option to appeal the ban, which if you ask me is just plain stupid on Yahoo's part..

Anyways, how long do suspensions typically last? He worked really hard to get up to the level he was at, and even made sure not to input any offensive answers. Even made his profile private so people couldn't troll him.

How long will it last, and how can he appeal it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Suspensions on YA are permanent unless your friend appeals the violation notice and wins the appeal. If, as you say, he did not get a violation notice (which is hard to believe), he could try to get in touch with Yahoo by sending a mail to account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com. In the mail (please keep it short and polite), he should explain what happened and if he suspects foul play by another user, he can mention the name.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Suspensions are perpetually, till an charm is gained. Many charm, few win. yet some DO, so do no longer think of that's hopeless. Asking WHY does no stable. She could might desire to 'tutor' that she did no longer violate the regulations adequate to be suspended -- and that's a trick to do. regrettably, devoid of get right of entry to to a history of her account, that's complicated to furnish to any extent further efficient advice.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Forever I am afraid. If you do not make am appeal right away, or win that appeal then the account is gone. Sorry.

• 9 years ago

They're permanent unless you appeal it and actually win the appeal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

my friend had to make a new account because he posted china would have punched someone in the baby maker dumb reason why they ban but they said he was sus and it was never lifted and he wrote to the people like 6x still nothing tell to make a new account its not hard

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.