Accuracy: MRA V Transcranial Doppler (TCD)?

Since having a cavernova removed almost six years ago, my (F,39) neurological health (and physical health only on left side of body) have slowly and progressively declined (ataxia, dizziness, numbness, etc.). I believe it is venous insufficiency. I have had an MRA which showed a 'complete' Circle of... show more Since having a cavernova removed almost six years ago, my (F,39) neurological health (and physical health only on left side of body) have slowly and progressively declined (ataxia, dizziness, numbness, etc.). I believe it is venous insufficiency.

I have had an MRA which showed a 'complete' Circle of Willis, so docs won't authorize a TCD. I would like to have it done, for I believe it is more "specialized". I am not in the medical field, but doesn't this equipment show the % of blood getting-to the brain and the velocity?

Could you please explain what information can be obtained using a TCD?

Thanks so much for your time!
1 answer 1