Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

what are all the obstacles eminem has gone through which made him a better rapper?

I know his mom snook pills in his food,his dad left him when he was a little kid,he struggled with,he was poor and it was hard for him to support his kids.he lost his best friend proof,he constantly has to deal with haters dissing cause of his raps but wat else has he gone through I am writting a essay on my favorite rapper please name more....

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Beth
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello Bethany, He had a rough childhood that reflects to now, and makes great records and songs that describe his life and what has happened during it. Marshall Bruce Mathers III was born on October 17, 1974 in Kansas City, Missouri. He created his own nickname, Eminem, which is pronounced M&M, from his initials, M.M. Marshall had a harsh and cruel childhood, where he constantly moved between Kansas City and Metro Detroit. When he was a child, he lived with his mother. His mother's name is Debbie Mathers-Briggs. Eminem has never even seen a picture of his father in his life. Eminem and his mother continued moving and never stayed in one place longer than six months. Read the complete essay here:

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Sorry i'm a band wagoner. My best friend who just recently died loved biggy. Just wanted to say that lil wayne is an awful artist. I feel people who enjoy the more cynical side of a song will definitely contribute to eminem's lyrics because if you are going based on a literary analysis, there are so many diverse literary devices and elements that are interwoven through eminam's songs such as metaphors and similies, as well as symbolism and representation that is able to envoke empathy with crowds rather than superficial sympathy.

• Kay there is way more than people are telling you

you want to kno about eminem then i suggest you read the words HE wrote and not peoples assumptions. The biography "the way i am" that he wrote. Explains his troubles as a teen, becoming a rapper, dealing with his mom, being broke, his daughters, school, rough child hood, how he met dre, proof and a lot more.

Source(s): the movie 8 mile wont help, it's a semi bio, There not all true.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not 2 say em didn't go threw anything, i just think people make 2 much out of it, i mean most rappers from what i see had some sort of struggle, i mean cage went threw really crazy stuff.

"Palko was born in Würzburg, Germany to American parents. His father, Bill Murray, was stationed on a West German military base as a member of the military police.[1] Palko lived there until the age of four when Murray was dishonorably discharged for selling and using heroin, and the family was sent back to the United States where they lived in Middletown, New York. Murray would often force Palko to pull homemade tourniquets around his arm as he injected heroin. At the age of eight, Palko's father was arrested during a standoff with state troopers after threatening his family with a shotgun.[2][3] By the time Palko was kicked out of high school, his mother had remarried twice, and he was beaten by his stepfather Frank. Palko began using PCP, cocaine, LSD, cannabis and alcohol, and was sent to live with his uncle on a German military base, where he was beaten and sent home after a year.

Palko was arrested several times for drug possession and fighting in the streets. When he faced jail time for violating probation, his mother convinced the judge that he was mentally unstable, and he was sent to the Stony Lodge psychiatric hospital for a two week evaluation. He eventually ended up staying in the hospital for eighteen months, where he was a part of a small group used to test fluoxetine.[3][4] After being misdiagnosed and placed on the drug, he became suicidal and made several attempts to kill himself, including hanging himself with his shoelaces and saving his lithium dose for a month before ingesting all of them at once.[2][3] He was illegally restrained over twenty times for periods of up to thirteen hours at a time by straitjacket and ten point bed restraints.[1][3]" cage wiki

Source(s): i have watched a view eminem bio`s and whatever, i guess reading his book might give u more details, the way i am.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Being White

• 1 decade ago

* Being Bullied in Schools for being the new kid

*The loss of proof

*Growing up in some poverty

*The constant arguments with Kim and custody over the kids

*Child Abuse from His mother

*Supposedly his step father raped him *I doubt this one*

* Being the only white rapper in Detroit, rap battling wise in the underground ring trying to make it to the top ( People were not taking him seriously because of race)

*The loss of his uncle Ronnie *The only real close family member he had*

*A Few of Em's Rap Battles*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdN3d1gyEKc

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

*Eminem on 60 Minutes*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCDyEWz2GI

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

• 1 decade ago

It's not because obstacles are thrown at you and that you live a tough life that you become a good rapper ....

• R-Jay
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

watch the movie 8 mile

• Joe
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

hes good because thats all he does hes been doing it for years, the **** he goes through just gives him something to rap about

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He was constantly moving, he's white, he used to be an addict, Kim's a batch.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.