Why Raped women are forced to marry their rapists in the Bible?

***Rape is a big crime that could actually take woman's or the victim's life away. Raped women are forced to marry their rapists in the Bible! Just read Deut 22:28-29 After rape you only need to pay some money to her father and then you can marry her. Deut 22:28-29 says, if a man rapes a virgin, he... show more ***Rape is a big crime that could actually take woman's or the victim's life away. Raped women are forced to marry their rapists in the Bible! Just read Deut 22:28-29

After rape you only need to pay some money to her father and then you can marry her.

Deut 22:28-29 says, if a man rapes a virgin, he can marry her for 50
Shekels. That is about 1 1/4 pounds (about 0.6 kilogram) according to Niv scholars.

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and RAPES HER and they discovered, he shall pay the girl's father 50 Shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." [Deut 22:28-30 from Niv]

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+22%3A28-29&version=NIV (click here)

***So if I rape a most beautiful women in my town then according to bible I can marry her only by money!

Wow! I wonder why Christians and Jews dont wanna follow this awesome trick to marry any beautiful women? First you need to rape her and then u need to pay some money to her father and finally she will be your wife!

***If a lunatic rich man continue to rape women and marry them then what will be happen???

Note: Deut 22:28 is the only verse in the enter bible that talks about raping single women.

***There is absolutely no punishment for the rapist of a single woman in the Bible. So, the raped single victim gets punishment, not the rapists!
Update: Old Testament was written by Hebrew, not Greek.
Update 2: Jesus said old Testament is his law. ***In Matthew 5:17-50, Jesus said - he not came for destroy any law or Prophet but fulfill it and if anyone break only one law and teach people for same to do it then he never can enter the kingdom of God. So indeed Old Testament also is the law of Christianity. "Think not that... show more Jesus said old Testament is his law. ***In Matthew 5:17-50, Jesus said - he not came for destroy any law or Prophet but fulfill it and if anyone break only one law and teach people for same to do it then he never can enter the kingdom of God. So indeed Old Testament also is the law of Christianity.

"Think not that i am come to destroy the LAW, or the prophets. I did not come to destroy, but to Fulfil the law." [Matthew 5:17]

"I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, not one letter, not a DOT, will dissappear from the law until all that must happen has happened." [Matthew 5:18]

"Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the SAME will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever practices and teaches these commands will be Great in the kingdom of heaven." [Matthew 5:19]

"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teacher of the law, you will certainly NOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN." [Matt
Update 3: Important note: >>YOU WILL CERTAINLY NOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. "Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'the teacher of the Law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you MUST obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach."... show more Important note: >>YOU WILL CERTAINLY NOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'the teacher of the Law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you MUST obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach." [Luke 23:1-3]

***We clearly see in these verses that Jesus did not prohibit for the Old testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow in the way the current religious leaders of the law(the jewish Rabies) were following it.
10 answers 10