Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

What does it mean if she says "Maybe next weekend."?

I've been talking to this girl for a while who's in my chemistry class that I like. I added her on Facebook over Thanksgiving holidays two weeks ago, and started chatting with her on there, and she barley ever gave me something than a one word answer. Slowly though, she's been talking more. Today in chemistry, we talked before and after the test, a lot, and she asked me whether I was going to the state championship football game, and a lot of other things. She may have even talked a little more than me. When the bell rang, I followed her until she was away from her friends in the hall and was not too far from her next class and I asked what she had planned for tomorrow. She said she was probably going out to eat with her family, and asked why I asked. I told her me and my friend she kind of knows and one or two of his friends were going out to the movies, and I was wondering if she would like to go. She paused for a second in speech, and then said something like she wasn't sure what was on, but she couldn't go tomorrow night because she was going out to eat with the family and Saturday she is going to our high school's state football game with her friend. She said maybe she could go next weekend, and then turned into class after I said something like "Yeah, the football game is this weekend anyway." Does this possibly mean she may go, or she just didn't want to hurt my feelings and say no not ever? Also, will it be awkward seeing her tomorrow possibly, and what should I talk to her about. and should I ask her next Thursday if she could go to the movies that weekend, even though my friends can't go and it would just be us?

Best Answer

When the gurl says No, it means maybe. When she says Maybe, it means yes. When its a yes, it means she's a no virgin anymore. So go quick whilst she says maybe. Runner ups ain't very nice, boy.

I'm going to have to say this now, but she said she was having dinner with her family that night and the night after, plus going to the football game. I wouldn't ask her about the movies next week but when you see her tomorrow don't make it awkward for no reason, don't bring up the movies.

Later on that week ask what shes doing this weekend. But DONT ask her to the movies. Even if she says nothing. See if she avoids the question again. That will give you your answer.

Source(s): I'm a girl. and I'v said the " I'm having dinner with the family"
  • ?

Maybe Next Week

it sounds like she's uncomfortable with you for some reason.i believe she wouldve made an excuse about next weekend if she didn want to hurt your feelings.it sounds like shes considering the idea but somethings holding her back...dont pry,and dont get your hopes up..she may..she may not

• Mike

continue to BE YOURSELF and treat her with respect. Ask her out of you can work up the nerve. Let her be herself, and as they say in the photography business, you will both see "what develops". Good luck.

• ?

Nah dont worry dude, next weekend is good, she didnt say "maybe another time" she wants to next week.

It sounds like you guys are hanging out that weekend...

sounds like she's playing hard to get

us girls love to do that