Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Where in the Star Wars movies does it mention that Jango or Boba Fett are Mandalorian?

A made a bet that i could stump a friend with star wars trivia and he didn't know that the Fett's wore mandalorian armor. The one stipulation was that the question had to be able to be from the movies. So where in the movies does it say this?

Favorite Answer

Sorry "Kevin K" and "Jason" but "Michael" is correct. It is NEVER mentioned in any of the live action films that the Fetts are even Mandalorians let alone that they wear Mandalorian armor. All Obi-Wan says about Jango in ep II is that he is a Bounty Hunter ... never says anything about anything "Mandalorian". I don't believe it is mentioned in the Star Wars The Clone Wars animated movie but it is mentioned numerous times in the series on the Cartoon Network of the same name.

So ... either you both owe each other a beer because your question wasn't something from the movies and he didn't know the answer anyways ... or ... it's a white wash as the one stipulation of it being from the movies wasn't followed.

I do have to thank you though ... it gave me a good reason to skim through the movie again to make sure I was right ... lol ... any reason to watch a SW movie again is a good reason.

May The Force Be With You ...

.

Source(s): WebMaster/Owner Jedi Masters Lounge Life Long Star Wars Super Geek starwars.com/hyperspace theforce.net Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

The only one that I can think of would be Episode 2 when Obi Wan tours the cloning factory. I think they mention it when discussing the choice to use Jango Fett as the genetic source for the clones or when Obi Wan meets Jango. Either way it just slides right by and nobody makes a big deal of it.

I'm fairly certain that it never mentions the mandalorian armor in the movies. I know it is referenced in the Clone wars tv series however.

Im with Kevin. Ep 2. Its never mentioned in 4-6 but I know its mentioned on Kamino