Why is Jay Leno hated by so many?

Best Answer

I personally don't like him because he never, as a "comedian," seems to have mastered the art of being funny.

I'm not just talking about jokes, even though admittedly those are also pretty hit or miss. I'm talking about the exact moment when he's landed a relatively good joke. He behaves awkwardly, often offering a small, muttered explanation for the joke, and if you're not a complete idiot, you're thinking, "They're laughing, you don't have to explain it to them. They got the joke. Your job is done. No explanation necessary." I just have a really hard time enjoying a comedian who feels the need to explain his jokes. If you have to explain them, they're not that funny. If you explain them anyway, it takes away from how funny they are, and shows you really don't have a good understanding of this whole "comedy" concept.

He also has a bizarre "rapport" with his guests. He often doesn't seem very genuine, and as others have mentioned, his false-sounding laugh is what gives this away. In his defense, though, I would have to feign interest too with some of the sh!tbags that masquerade as "actors" and walking septic tank "celebrities" who are famous for being famous.

On a personal level though, Jay Leno is an incredibly charitable individual, and he once invited Glenn Beck and his son to look at his car collection, and treated them with respect and kindness. These things have made me think much more highly of him as a person, if not as a comedian.

Cause He Stood Conan's Show.

Source(s): From Hating Him... And Knowing Why.

he pushed Conan out of his time slot, and he got the slot that many thought would be Letterman's when Johnny Carson retired

• I wonder the same thing. He was no Carson but he wasn't that bad.

Because he is Italian and Italians copy the black man and steal from us! And also because he is a conservative and does not like Obama and that automatically makes him a white supremescist.

all the late shows are just antiquated!

• ?

because an unfunny person shouldn't be making millions on tv

because of his chin, i hate the way it looks when he laughs.