help with essay on physician assisted suicide?!?

The prompt is: Is physician assisted suicide a humane and logical end to the suffering of the terminally ill?

I was given two points of views on the subject; one for and one against. I just need 3 general areas to cover in the essay and i can take care of the rest. I have the worst writers block ever. Help Please!!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This online essay may give you some ideas.

Assisted Suicide

Thesis: We do not have the freedom of speech unless we have the freedom to refuse to speak. And we do not have the freedom of religion unless we have the freedom to not be religious. So then how do we have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness unless we have the freedom to deny any of these? “Our Life Is Not Our Own If We Cannot Choose When To End It!”

Euthanasia: the final analysis in America today many arguments are centered around the right to choose: the right for women to have and abortion, the right for gays to be allowed to raise children or to be legally married, and the right to physician assisted suicide. These arguments all have something to do with the individual having the right to make this choice, but what if they are unable to make this choice? Say for instance, a man was hit by an oncoming truck, and is being held alive by a machine, what will happen to him? Who will make the decision for him to live or to die? In most case’s it will be the physician. Well you may ask yourself why cant we choose, that is to die? If a person is terminally ill and has a quality of life so low that they do not have the will to go on, they are not given a choice.

Suicide, by definition is the act of terminating one’s own life. People do it for many reasons: depression , illness, or mental instability. (Those with a terminal illness see it as a way to end their suffering . This is their right. Doctors and healers everywhere have helped people put an end to their suffering and helped them die. The issues surrounding end of life decisions and care, affect everyone in a one way or another throughout our lives. The areas of concern can range from medical, financial, legal, spiritual, and ethical. Laypersons, professionals and the media in general avoid discussing these often confusing topics. End of life decisions making for laypersons and professionals usually takes place in lonely corridors of hospitals and nursing homes. The result has been termed a “conspiracy of silence.” Whereby the terminally ill often die in severe pain, enduring treatments and institutional care they may not want, and failing to effectively communicate their wishes to their loved ones and caregivers, is that correct? Why are the patients not allowed to seek out a painless alternative to their situation?

• 3 years ago

Assisted Suicide Essay

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Phone Medical Consultations Anytime : http://OnlinePhysician.neatprim.com/?MYWx
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

help with essay on physician assisted suicide?!?

The prompt is: Is physician assisted suicide a humane and logical end to the suffering of the terminally ill?

I was given two points of views on the subject; one for and one against. I just need 3 general areas to cover in the essay and i can take care of the rest. I have the worst writers...

Source(s): essay physician assisted suicide: https://shortly.im/tVX18
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

There is an older movie called "Whose Life is it Anyway" with Richard Dreyfus. Not only is it a great movie, but it deals with the subject of the right to die. It may help get rid of your writers block and provide some great points for your essay.

• 9 years ago

1. The religious area

2. The legal area

3. The impact on society at all its levels

• Annis
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

Hope this helps!

Source(s): DigitalEssay.net
  • Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/av9zk

"Hurting Helpers" ? "Hurting, not Helping: Physician Assisted Suicide" i dunno...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.