Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why can I buy merchandise online using Mastercard from the KKK but can't use it to donate to WikiLeaks?

http://www.christianbooksandthings.net/index1.htm

This is the link to the Klans merchandising site.

Best Answer

Because Masterkkkard knows what's good for capitalism and what's bad for capitalism.

What a lovely way to help out the Klan.

Merry Christmas 2 all & 2 all a goodnight!

I don't think it's safe to let those WikiLeaks

people have your personal info. Ya know?

BTW, I don't see any type of ties to the KKK on that

website & I happen to live in a town that's filled with em.

They have such nice Harleys & pristeen vintage cars.

They also keep the BBQ Rib joints in business out

here in Cali!

Because the KKK is not a criminal organization. It's just racist.

edit: Of course, Austin. But I'm not talking about then - I'm talking about now. I dislike the KKK all day long, but they're not lynching people now. Just spouting their first-amendment-protected hate speech.

But wikileaks is posting stolen information. And while it's lurid and interesting, and funny for some because it's embarassing the USA, there has really been no evidences of cover ups, or wrong doing, etc. It's just "diplomat X thinks diplomat Y is a idiot".

but Assange isn't a "Citizen". He's a foreigner. And he didn't "just see" something. They broke into a computer, and downloaded information that did not belong to them.

Would you be so supportive of Assange, if he broke into your computer, and posted all your personal details, and all the anonymous messages you posted - just for fun? Just to embarass you and cause strife?

If the KKK murders a Black person in 2011, than maybe mastercard will cut ties with them.

You seem very familiar with the Ku Klux Klan.

In any event Mastercard is free to do business with whoever they choose.

• Isa

Yep.

Forgive me if I fail to get teary-eyed and inspired by the grassroots boycott organized by international credit corporations - or the fact that these global conglomerates didn't express the same righteous anger over things like racism, genocides, and terrorism as they have over a guy running a website where he reveals things that you're not supposed to mention.

Edit: Jack99 - the KKK got famous by LYNCHING people. I'm fairly certain that at least a few states have criminalized murder.

Edit: I should add to the people talking about "breaking US law" and "illegal" that, while many US lawmakers are racing to try to pass laws illegalizing what WikiLeaks is doing, it's not actually illegal YET, on account of a few pesky things like the freedom of information, and the insistence of a few "founding father" types who thought that citizens ought to be entitled to know what their government is doing.

While many lawmakers, apparently egged on by many citizens, are frantically trying to enshrine the government's right to conceal what it's doing from the citizens who elected it to represent them, they're scratching their heads as to why no one's ever done it before. While, for instance, a military commanding officer can tell you that a certain document is for another military officer's eyes only, or a government can throw a foreign spy in jail for trying to spread such documents, a citizen who sees the government doing something horrible is still currently perfectly free to say, "hey, look everybody: look what they're doing. It isn't right!" And, currently, that's the non-crime WikiLeaks is involved in - which is why Sweden is trying to extradite the owner on years-old sex crime allegations, and why the US is trying to pass laws really quick that we can use against him.

• mattle

One of those organizations is profiting from breaking US law. You don't like MasterCard giving a Merchant ID to the KKK, then boycott them. Hell, you've got freedom of association, start a Facebook movement to boycott them.

But I'll fight you to the death to defend their right to do business with whoever they damn well please.

The Democrats are mad at their friend from Wikileaks and not the KKK.

Who cares and why would you want to donate to them?

• ?

I'll see you in the R/S section in a while.