:0 asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

I watched a scary movie and now I cant sleep.. Please help :( ?

Alright so earlier today I watched this movie called "devil" with my friends. The devil takes human form and tortures people and kills them while it's dark. Might not seem scary to some, but I have a weak spot for scary movies, I can't handle them at all and I don't know why I was stupid enough to watch it. Anyway, I can't sleep at all. Right now it's 3:49 am and I am so tired but I can still not sleep... Please please please help me? :(

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I am not a fan of scary movies either. Let this be a lesson not to watch them in the future. Try to tell yourself that it is not real and that it cannot hurt you. It's just a movie. Have you ever heard in the news and individual dying from a devil attack? That's because it doesn't happen. Sleep well

And watch something unscary before you try to sleep, like Avid Film Freak said, he watched the Simpsons, I do the same. .

• Just try to stop for a moment and think rationally. All movies begin with a story that someone has written. A fictional tale that they created in their mind. Then they create a script, hire actors and makeup artists, make fake blood and a scary soundtrack and you have a scary movie. If the entire movie were played to the soundtrack from "Toy Story" it wouldn't seem nearly as scary.

It is just a movie, what you saw on the TV was all an act; it's not going to jinx you and make all that happen to you now. None of it's real. And if you know you get scared easily, maybe you should try not watching them in the future.

I was having alot of anxiety before sleeping and could not fall asleep. Had many many sleepless nights.

I was just playing with the program one afternoon and wanted to listen to the �Power Nap� track. Next thing I knew I was waking up! Fell right asleep without trying. After using the �Fall Asleep� track, I could fall asleep right away. But I didn't realize that I shouldn't be using that one all night. Switched to Whole Night and have been using it ever since.

I can go to sleep with ease now. I just lay and listen to the sounds and next thing I know I am waking up from a nice sleep. I don't suffer from lack of sleep anymore. I keep an IPod with earbuds next to my bed and take it ALWAYS when traveling. The earbuds help block out ambient noise and the sleep tracks keep me sleeping sound :)

Reboot your brain & sleep soundly again?

lol - too late now! I didn't sleep for a week after seeing A Nightmare on Elm Street and still don't watch it alone. Your experience is proof that our own imaginations are far more vivid than ANY book or movie in the world!

Try putting the radio on to distract yourself as you try to drop off!

There's no torture in "Devil", first of all. That movie was PG-13 and very tame!

Anyway, watch something funny. I'd recommend you got to www.southparkstudios.com and watch a free episode of South Park! Very funny show :)

Try what works for me: Go out and beat up someone with your fists only. You will hit the rack with a solid sense of achievement and a bit fatigued. You will sleep the sleep of the victorious.

do what i used to do after getting scared from a movie (or video game):

Watch something uplifting. Find a tv show you like that's funny. I used to watch episodes of The Simpsons for a bit.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THAT MOVIE!!! (: ok, so this is what I did, i just thought, hey its a movie. people spent money for fake blood and actors and spend plenty of days making up a plot to make you scared. its not real no matter what anyone says. just think of that (: every moment your awake and nothing happens, is one more minute that you could have been stupid.

Source(s): meee

I always pretend like my cover is a shield that the monsters or whatever break through. So I usually just sleep under the covers.

i assumed the Evil ineffective 2 grow to be hilarious the 1st time I watched it, i ought to of purely been approximately 10 or 11 years previous at that ingredient besides. yet it extremely is purely me nonetheless. If it has extremely scared you attempt watching considered one of your generic comedies, one that fairly makes you chuckle, it's going to assist you ignore approximately it and calm you down a touch.