What do you think of the confederate flag?

Tell me on here and please post it here too

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=15704546335&...

Favorite Answer

I'm a Yankee, but I do think it's ridiculous to object to it as a symbol of slavery, or as somehow promoting slavery, after all, there was slavery under the Stars n Stripes for much longer, as well as under the British Union Jack, the flags of Spain and Portugal, and under the flags of a couple dozen Arab and African flags to this very day.

I object to it more as a symbol of rebellion against the United States and treason to the Constitution, especially by those Confederate officers who had served in the US Army and had taken the oath to"support and defend the Constitution of the United States," etc.

It was only in the interest of a peaceful Reconstruction and pacification that the Federal government refrained from prosecuting any for treason, not that they didn't have good reason to. So the ol' Stars n Bars -- unless you're planning to rise again sometime soon, just put it away. kthxbai

same thing as gay rights and civil rights for blacks...freedom of speech and expression, no?

i don't support confederate flags or "gay rights," but these activists sure as well need to stop being hypocritical about their beliefs..how can someone hold fast to "freedom of speech" but doesn't want others to speak freely against their beliefs? social inequality and discrimination will ALWAYS exist..it is a product of ALL societies and will continue to be until the end of time..

Rebel Yell Baby!

Just kidding. I think it bothered enough people that it should have been changed as Georgia's state flag. I mean people that want them can still have them. I colloect rebel flag stuff but its kinda a joke and just for fun.