Acer Aspire One: Internet Explorer not displaying web pages correctly (including Windows Update)?

I just purchased an Acer Aspire One ZG5 with Windows XP Home. Internet Explorer is not working correctly. I first noticed the problem when trying to download Firefox. The download page was not displaying the link as the exact same page was on my other computer. The URLs were the same, but the pages were... show more I just purchased an Acer Aspire One ZG5 with Windows XP Home. Internet Explorer is not working correctly. I first noticed the problem when trying to download Firefox. The download page was not displaying the link as the exact same page was on my other computer. The URLs were the same, but the pages were displayed differently. I upgraded to IE8 and the same problem. I have reset to the default internet settings both from within IE and through the control panel.

My current problem is that I can't get to Windows Update. IE is displaying just a blank page. I also have tried disabling all security plugins with no luck. I have automatic updates turned on and fresh updates were just installed. I was hoping this would fix my problem, but still the same.

As far as I can tell there isn't any sort of additional firewalls running.

Please help.

Thanks,
Ghost
1 answer 1