Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Kay asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Brief Political History of Mexico?

And information on current politics

Thanks in advance

Update:

No stupid comments please.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ok so the spaniards arrive in the early 1500's and colonize the region. Basically peninsulares (the rich nobles from Spain) were the ruling class for decades that had the natives work as farmers on huge tracks of land. In the early 1800's father hidalgo wanted to free Mexico from the Spanish monarchy. By this time, Napoleon had conquered Spain and put in his own monarch. Hidialgo led the revolution initially, and was then killed by authorities. Various leaders tried to lead the movement until Mexico gained independence. Numerous weak leaders made grand promises, but then focused solely on retaining power. Then in 1860, the French invaded and took over Mexico. Juarez had been in power and tried to enact liberal reforms. He then fought off the french and took over as president. He died shortly after wards. A strong man named Diaz then became a very cruel and powerfull leader for close to 40 years. Then in 1910, Diaz announced there would be an election finally, but then canceled the election. Numerous leaders tried to seize power, and a bloody revolution began. Leaders such as Pancho Villa emerged as bloody leaders that fought for the poor natives. A liberal constitution was enacted, but Cardenas was one of the few presidents to follow it. Cardenas was president in the 1930's and he was the one that nationalized the oil industry by seizing the American property. Since then, growth in Mexico has been very limited. A very rich minority owns a huge amount of the wealth. Very few leaders in the past 70 years have made serious attempts at enforcing the Mexican constitution. The history of Mexico is extremely complicated and confusing, but I hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

Well, first there was the Spanish. They were overthrown by the Mexicans. Then those Mexicans were overthrown... and so on down the line. Somewhere in there Santa Ana lost Texas, and America gained California.

And now Mexico has a generally corrupt government that cannot, will not, or makes profits from not controlling the drug lords down in Mexico, making the whole country dangerous for its citizens and tourists, as well as making the U.S.-Mexico border insecure.

Source(s): Texas History and news reports
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

you don't understand the meaning of the be conscious "hypocrite". and additionally you have been "taught to a attempt" for a project you have been required to check. that doesn't mean the project is boring. It purely ability which you don't understand what you have been lacking. it relatively is the reason there are books, many many staggering books touching directly to a number of of aspects of all styles of yank and different histories, by writers who will suck you in like a tractor beam. do not do the project depend the disservice of conflating it with damaging texts and boring instructors. anyplace i pass to pass to historic websites, I hit the bookstall and are available up with great reads that make the project sing (or ask your self the heck outta me - yowza, examining "the fire of His Genius" valuable gave a distinctive image of Robert Fulton than you will EVER pay attention in a school, i'm going to assure you. ) And wedding ceremony of the Waters is a bestseller, and with good reason. those 2 got here from an Erie Canal pass to . From the Saratoga battlefield NPS bookstall , I have been given a gaggle of books inclusive of"Pox Americana" with regard to the placement that smallpox performed around the time of the Revolution. How am i able to not love a e book with this form of sensible call? I even have been given Forgotten Allies, with regard to the little ordinary place that the underappreciated Oneida tribe performed interior the Revolution and the cost they paid. college purely substances the fundamentals. do not permit it make you think of a project is boring whilst it relatively is something yet, and whilst there are eye-catching human beings to examine: Theodosia Burr, Abigail Adams, Clara Barton, Gouvernier Morris, and on and on .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I didn't realize that there was anyone left. I thought everyone left that rotten craphole because they would rather live under our rule, begging for the scraps at our table

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.