Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is a 500 watt alpine amp enough power for my two kicker comp 12s?

The subs have 300 peak and 150 rms and I will wire the two subs parallel so they will each get 250 rms

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

should be enough, but 300watt peak...those are gonna sound bad. go on ebay and get a better pair of subs for $100, but then you will need a better amp

• 1 decade ago

The idea is to match the speaker's RMS rating to the amp's RMS rating as closely as possible.

This will deliver the best possible sound and prevent the signal from clipping/distorting, and damaging your speaker.

I'm going to the guess that the amp delivers about 150W RMS to each channel, so it sound like you're right on the money with that amp.

It's the perfect amount of power for those speakers and will allow for the safest sound system if you're going to use those subs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obviously this one is the best.

Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1 500 Watt Mono Amplifier

Technical Details

Mono amplifier delivers 500 watts at 2 ohms, 350 watts at 4 ohms

Variable low pass crossover with 12dB/octave slope and 40Hz to 130Hz crossover point

Punch Bass adjustable bass level control of 0 to +12 dB centered at 45Hz

RCA inputs for signal level input and pass-through jacks for system building

The input gain control is preset to match the output of most source units

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

the subs are 400w RMS, not 500 like various different human being suggested. Kicker actually has a one 3 hundred and sixty 5 days assure. I somewhat have mine at 425 W RMS and they are doin sturdy. its somewhat what kicker recomended for them on the kicker internet website.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.