B1
B1 asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

women only would you like a mini netbook or a regular lapotop for christmas?

its going to be for my girlfriend shes a college student. i just need a womens opinion. first would this type of gift be a good one and second if you like the idea of a laptop would you like a big laptop with alot of features such as burning and playing games or a netbook with simple features as searching the web, email, facebook, youtube etc..

Favorite Answer

laptop! honestly because i've had a netbook, and to me it's just useless! i don't understand why you would want a small computer, you can't even put a thing on it!

I would either get her the netbook with an external drive - around 200 dollars. Or you can get her the laptop and it will have all the features she needs for college. She will probably need new software depending on what program she is in, so the laptop will be able to store everything. I would recommend the laptop. I have a 13" Macbook Pro, which is expensive, but I love it. My boyfriend has a HP which he loves and it isn't as expensive. I would go for the actual laptop if I were you, but either way thats an amazing gift and she'll love you even more for it ! Good job

Source(s): University student

Well sometimes the cheaper laptops aren't as good so I'd want a netbook. But if you have the cash to get her a laptop like $500 or more I'd want that for college cause you need all the memory and features of a full on laptop in college

18 year old girl

I'd want a regular laptop. I tried a mini netbook and it was too small. It would be nice for carrying to and from classes, but the screen and keyboard were just too small.

I even have the acer aspire one, and that i think of it extremely is extremely neat. the only ingredient it extremely is ever afflicted me approximately it extremely is the loud fan and absence of a CDpersistent. different than that, it extremely is the appropriate little pc to hold around everywhere. It even has a information superhighway cam and microphone! :) P.S. i think of the version between netbook and mini-workstation is that netbooks are purely used for the internet and, properly, mini-workstation is exceedingly self-explanatory. stable success inclusive of your procuring!

probably a regular sized one thats a 13 inch so still kinda small and portable. theres no point to it being a "laptop" if you cant even fit it on your lap and its really heavy. you should get her a laptop with a webcam so you uguys can skype or she can skype with her parents back home!

A laptop.

Net-books don't take discs thats what turned me off them.

A pink laptop with lots of features :) cant go wrong with that!!