Check my US History and help with a couple, please?
I would love it if someone could check these, just tell me which ones are right or wrong.
I am pretty confident, but still not positive about (6, 7, 13, 15) and have no clue about 14.
PLEASE and THANKS!(:
For items 1-5, match each term with its description below. Type the letter of your answer choice in the box below each description. *You will not use all the items.
a. the Grange
b. long drive
c. Battle of Little Bighorn
d. Morrill Land-Grant Act
e. Massacre at Wounded Knee
f. Homestead Act
h. William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody
i. land speculators
____ bought up large areas of land in the hope of selling it later for a large profit. (1 point)
American citizens and immigrants who had applied to become citizens could acquire land directly from the government through the ____. (1 point)
Homesteaders called ____ staked land claims in Indian Territory before noon on April 22, 1889.
During the __, cowboys herded cattle from distant ranges to railroad centers. (1 point)
Oliver H. Kelley founded __ to help farmers form cooperatives. (1 point)
Choose the item that best completes the statement or answers the question.
IDENTIFYING MAIN IDEAS
Which one of the following did the Populists support? (1 point)
* the Turner thesis
* a progressive income tax
* staying on the gold standard<<<<
* private ownership of communications and transportation systems
What reason was given by settlers as to why they had a greater right to western lands than the Native Americans? (1 point)
* The government already owned all the land of the West.<<<<<
* The Native Americans did not want the land.
* Settlers produced more food and wealth than Native Americans.
* Native Americans had already agreed to give away their lands.
An "Indian rights" movement grew out of outrage over (1 point)
* government treatment of Native Americans.<<<<<
* Native Americans' misuse of the land.
* establishment of Christian schools on reservations.
* passage of the Dawes Act.
The main objective of the nativists was to (1 point)
* repeal laws that restricted immigration.
* help immigrants adjust to American culture.
* build tenement apartments for immigrants.
* restrict immigration.<<<<<
What development led to the first wave of Mexican immigration in the early 1900s? (1 point)
* irrigation of southwestern lands<<<<<
* lower steamship rates
* the founding of Los Angeles
* the building of a railroad through Texas
Why did parents pressure local governments to reform public schools? (1 point)
* to prepare their children for college
* to extend their children’s knowledge beyond the basic skills<<<<<
* to keep their children out of criminal activity
* to provide opportunities for sports and other extracurricular activities
During the early 1900s the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) was an example of how African Americans
* used the court system to fight discrimination.<<<<<<
* formed their own political parties.
* ended all segregation in the South.
* founded settlement houses in black neighborhoods.
Which phrase best summarizes what women and African Americans experienced when they sought to attend college in the late 1800s? (1 point)
* a real struggle
* an easier time than white males
* an impossible mission
* plenty of opportunities<<<<<
How did the Plessy v. Ferguson decision affect racial relations in the South?
* It forced white and African Americans to use the same public facilities.
* It allowed segregation to continue legally.
* It improved the quality of African American facilities.
* It ordered that segregation should be ended in public schools.
What stereotype was used to justify not giving women professional training?
* They are too ambitious.
* They are untrustworthy.
* They lack physical strength.<<<<
* They lack mental ability.
- Anonymous10 years agoFavorite Answer
the answer is A.
- goodmanLv 44 years ago
whats up, I definitely have been attempting to make a dollar on the internet merely such as you and characteristic no longer had a lot luck aside from spending all of my money. So I advised my self i would not waste from now on money to those on line GURU'S. I cought my self spending extra money on line yet purely one extra time and this replaced into the final application/application i offered. (Mass money Makers). FINALY i got here across some thing that works. maximum suitable of luck