Is it better to have partner than to go it alone in this world?

Some say by yourself we are unprotected. With a friend you can face the worst. What does a friend mean to you?

Favorite Answer

god said its not good for us to be alone

however complete stranger assume that since im 35 with no husband or bf

that "god has called me to be single"

this has put a very big gap between me and god

i want to get married

however just hearing this idea has put hatred in me towards god

im not catholic nor will i ever lose my mind and become a nun

im very much alone in this world and feel alone

its better to have a partner but my gosh when one is not available it sux and it really sux

im not choosing to be single

i must given a choice to make in order to make one

not stuck in a situation with no way out

im not supermode attractive and cant have kids and am asexual

none of which i did to myself

yet there is no one in this world for me

and i will always be with me

if god is always with me

then why i do always feel alone and that hes not

yikes if god is with me - um need to feel it hello

• ?

I agree 100% - you can't go it alone. I'm a mom trying to raise a family in a town where I don't know too many people (close relationships anyway). And, I miss the comfort of my friends from my old town. I miss living closer to my family. I have my husband's family, but we don't always see eye to eye. Anyway, the support I used to have is missed a great deal. I definitely felt more carefree knowing I had people near by that I could count on. :) So, I do think you need to have a partner or partners to help you face the worst. That being said, some friends can let us down and cause us to feel bad. So, I think the type of people you have in your life matters too.

• mercy

I have chosen to go it alone in this world, I have my adult children, I know they have my back not matter what. But I have been hurt over the years to the point I don't trust a guy that much to let him in like that, no more. I do however, have a male friend and that is all he will ever be, ever.

you need someone to have dialogue with, someone who will pull you up with your bad thinking

and who will be there for you when things go wong.

No person is a Island..nature meant sharing with a partner...similar to birds or wild animals,

It's good to have some of your friends with you, even your family. It helps you handle anything, no mater what it is.

Source(s): Psychology
  • yesmar

For the most part, yes, although it depends on the individual.

ABSOLUTELY....TRUE FRIENDS ARE priceless....mine arent in this town...ive moved around alot in life.