Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Do you Liberals support Obama tax cuts?

Do you Liberals support Obama tax cuts that will create^/save millions of jobs?

Do you liberals think FUNunemployment stimulates the economy more than someone with a job?

For example:

A liberal losses her job.

The liberal ask me for $100 bucks for free.

I ask her what she will do for me.

She does nothing for that $100 bucks.

The lib goes to the mall and stimulus xyz retailer.

( this is lib logic)

Libber,

Employers and gov pays for unemployment, not the employees.

Clueless libbers

• Don M
    Favorite Answer

You're on the right track, but let's not call it "Obama's tax cuts." It is an extension of the tax rates we had under President Bush. (I hope real tax cuts will come later.)

What is laughable is that the same libs who for years said the Bush tax cuts were "only for the rich" are not touting the benefits of keeping the middle class tax cuts--which, according to them, didn't exist.

The economic ignorance in many of these answers is distressing. Here are some facts:

1. Lower tax rates do stimulate the economy and produce more jobs--as well as more revenue for the government. That's not a theory, it's a proven fact.

2. Tax cuts do not cause deficits (for the reason just mentioned). Excessive spending causes deficits.

3. The rich should not be excluded from tax cuts. They are the job creators, and do not take the extra money they are allowed to keep and do nothing with it. They invest it (how do you think they became rich in the first place?) and that helps the economy.

4. It is totally wrongheaded to say the rich shouldn't get a tax cut because "they don't need it". Fairness dictates that if you are going to give a tax cut (or, in this case, extend the current rates), it should apply to all--especially since the top 1% of earners pay almost 40% of all income taxes. In a free society, it is not up to the government to determine how much people "need."

5. Tax cuts are not a "gift." Tax cuts are letting people keep more of what is theirs in the first place.

• pamula

The democrats place till precise in the previous the election replaced into no extension on any of them. Tats between the justifications that they've been given pushed lower back till after the election. They now be responsive to that they gained't stand a gamble devoid of it a minimum of appearing that they want the midsection ones. that's what all this BS is approximately. they do no longer want them and are searching for a thank you to make it look like the republicans fault. On a great word besides the incontrovertible fact that, the presidents very own advisers now advise them so he's making an attempt to compromise. this might point out that his advisers have found out that his monetary kit failed and that they could take a clean path. it relatively is a sturdy component for this u . s .. Now, on condition that his occasion might awaken and scent the espresso.

• justa

Its not Obama's tax cuts, its the renewal of the Bush free lunch for the rich tax cuts. No, I don't support it.

And they won't create or save more than a job for the maid at the Hamptons.

And the maid is an illegal.

That's con logic.

The difference between personal and a targeted business tax seems to never penetrate conservative minds.

In many states unemployment is paid for by both the employee and the employer. NYS being one of them.

You're wrong. As someone who has been on unemployment, I can tell you that it's not fun. And the entire aspect of unemployment that you're speaking about is flawed. No one is asking for anything for free. You don't qualify for unemployment unless you've previously been employed. No one said unemployment would stimulate the economy.

I guess the liberals will call them the Obama tax cuts. Although I don't quite understand why extending a current tax code could possibly be called a tax cut.

I'm glad he was able to get the Repubs to extend unemployment, but without the tax hike on the wealthy we'll never pay down the deficit.

And unemployment does stimulate the economy by giving people spending money. But you can believe whatever you want, no matter how little it reflects reality.

• Quan

I hate the whole package. Tax cuts are not a good way to stimulate the economy. The CBO just did a study on it and concluded that a few weeks ago. What does the politicians do?

Come out with more wasteful tax cuts...

Does no one listen to research anymore?

Why did Obama take so long to finally agree that it would help the economy to keep the tax rates where they are?

If he believes that, why was he so incompetent about addressing this sooner and giving businesses confidence sooner.

Terrible leadership.

Last time I checked, unemployment is something that I've earned...as in, it's MY money, not yours. I don't need $100 from you "for free" Geez, just cuz you contards have your hands out doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Don't worry honey, we have our own money. Your paranoid fantasy isn't going to happen. Just keep insulting the unemployed and protecting the rich. Its classic republican hypocrisy. Makes me laugh.