Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Line 6 Spider IV 75 watt can play gig?

What type of gig could you play with this amp, and what is the maximum for the size of the venue?

Favorite Answer

Hello there,

The 75 watt Spider is suitable for small gigs. Of course there are other factors to consider, such as how loud the rest of your band is. If you are in a loud band, that Spider 75 watt combo may not cut through. You might consider picking up a 2x12 extension cab. That will push more air. Does not give you more power, but makes it seem louder.

To the ear there is not a lot of difference between a 75 watt and 100 watt amp. 100 watts is what most think you need to gig with for medium and small venues. Frankly, the difference is so slight that you can get by with the 75 watter. The human ear just is not that sensitive.

Later,

Hello again,

I run an older Spider 2x12. It is rated at 150 watts, but it is actually a 75 watts per channel stereo amp. You are in the same position as if I ran only one channel. That is pretty loud. I do run my amp through a 4x12 on occasion to push a little more air. So I really think a 2x12 cab would work wonders for you and get to into about any medium sized venue, assuming you are not in an overly loud band.

Line 6 Spider Iv 75 Watt

Got a 120 watt one I will sell you. Cheap ! Works fine.