HELPPP asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

What do you do when you feel like you aren't good enough for anyone?

This probably sounds ridiculous but I don't know who can help me. Lately I have just been feeling like I'm not good enough for anyone. I've always made good grades and my parents are still not pleased with me and they are still not good enough. My teachers think the same exact thing. The boy I loved and thought felt the same just got another girlfriend. I'm at the point where I feel like no one cares about me, and I'm the most unattractive, screw up there is in the world. I try so hard to do what I'm supposed to do, study as hard as I can, be as nice as I can be, but nothing ever goes my way. Are there any bible verses or quotes or an advice that can help me? Thanks..

Favorite Answer

I'll tell you a little story. I had a school day to go to this thing where people break the barriers of school. There was this one activity that touched me. Its "If you have..., then cross the line..." Turns out that a lot of people are like this. So its just to tell you that you aren't alone. A lot of other people are experiencing the same thing. Not me though. I'm pretty much perfect.

Don't worry all about it. I was like that, as much as I would like to deny it. My dad is never pleased with my grades and my attitude. I learned to chill and ignore him. So far. I'm happy for everything I got. I'm happy I have a house to live under. I'm happy I have a computer. I'm grateful for my little brother. Thats the key. You need to find things you are grateful for. I'm grateful I don't live in a home without an air conditioner and heater.

Source(s): Learn to be grateful.

I feel for you, and I often feel the exact same way. Usually, I listen to music, especially Simple Plan when I am in this particular mood. I also do something that I know that I am good at or that I enjoy. For example, if you like to sing, pull out that old sheet music and belt it out. Or, if you're a good scrap booker, work on a couple pages to celebrate simply being you.

I don't know too many quotes about this, but here is one that I thought of... "Think about it. If everyone loves someone, then someone must love you."

This isn't ridiculous at all. :c I'm so sad to hear that you are feeling this way.

First, maybe your perception of how others are seeing you is a little "off" right now because of the recent sad events in your life. ~ Have your teachers or your parents actually TOLD you in those words, that they aren't pleased with you or you're not good enough? Because in my experience NO teacher will ever say that to a kid. And if they do kick them!! no not really. But do go to the principal or school counselor and talk with them, let them know what' going on.

Ultimately though, the most important thing is to find a sense of your own worth, within yourself. Stop looking to others for validation, and begin focusing on yourself. If you feel unloved, maybe you need to focus on giving more love to others around you. If you feel not good enough, maybe you need to start really appreciating others for who they are, without asking them to change.

I hope that helps, and I'm sorry for the hurt that is troubling your heart :c I hope you find a shoulder to lean on soon.

• Rick

I care not what the world thinks

as long as God accepts me.

What greater confirmation

could I ask?

To allow others to be your yardstick

will keep you enslaved all your life.

The question was never, "was I good enough?"

Rather, "was he good enough?"

He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. ~Raymond Hull

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland

If you cannot be a poet, be the poem. ~David Carradine

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves. ~François Duc de La Rochefoucauld

How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone. ~Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

I am much better employed from every point of view, when I live solely for my own satisfaction, than when I begin to worry about the world. The world frightens me, and a frightened man is no good for anything. ~George Gissing

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. ~Johann von Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. ~Andre Gide

Refuse to accept another's estimation of yourself.

Romans 12:2

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

James 4:11-12

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Source(s): Your on the right track. I read stuff like this everyday. Affirmations are good for people feeling like you are. Read affirmations daily. Its OK.
  • ?

All you have to be is good enough for yourself. Sounds corny, but as long as you see your own worth, then it doesn't really matter if others don't yet. Since you sound like you do know you are a worthwhile individual, then you just have to believe it is really true despite how others act.

I used to feel like that sometimes during High School. But that feeling was diminished when i usually thought i was a very important person (that's what we are for God), just one have to be careful that pride won't become vanity.

You may be surprised when you read biographies of people who had "everything" to be popular and "happy", They usually say, they never could be happy at high school, elementary school, or even at their superior studies centers.

It wasn't by beauty (they had it) it wasn't by money (they also had it) but it was by the so called grace.

Sometimes we have it, sometimes not.

But you can't give yourself up to sadness, just because you think don't have any beauty or grace, because remember God send us to this world with some gifts, to some people more than other, but all of us have been blessed for the Father.

As I sad don't be sad as the Lord commands to be happy, you know its a sin to be sad. Maybe some people say that's ridiculous, but if you think on it a little will understand what it's really ridiculous to be sad thinking all the time in a same thing when there are lots of things we can do in life.

Here are some reasons you asked to not to be sad or think the demoniacal way your teachers and other people surround you are making you to think.:

Specially this thought is for you, it comes from Proverbs chapter 25 and it says: "as well take off your coat in bitter weather. You are pouring vinegar on a wound when you sing songs to a sorrowing heart".

Pope Gregory I (Magnus or The Great) said that if you want to be sad, you want to deliver yourself to Satan's arms. As practical as human beings use to be I can testify that statement can change lifes because I don't wanna live in Hell with Satan. Call it fear to the punishment of hell, or blind obedience to a God's commandment I say it works. Acedia, Sorrow, Despair or Discouragement... bye bye to me!.

Here are other thoughts you may consider give a glance.

Psalms 37

Verses 7-20 Let us be satisfied that God will make all to work for good to us. Let us not discompose ourselves at what we see in this world. A fretful, discontented spirit is open to many temptations. For, in all respects, the little which is allotted to the righteous, is more comfortable and more profitable than the ill-gotten and abused riches of ungodly men. It comes from a hand of special love. God provides plentifully and well, not only for his working servants, but for his waiting servants. They have that which is better than wealth, peace of mind, peace with God, and then peace in God; that peace which the world cannot give, and which the world cannot have. God knows the believer's days. Not one day's work shall go unrewarded. Their time on earth is reckoned by days, which will soon be numbered; but heavenly happiness shall be for ever. This will be a real support to believers in evil times. Those that rest on the Rock of ages, have no reason to envy the wicked the support of their broken reeds.

Sirach / Chapter 30

No treasure greater than a healthy body; no happiness, than a joyful heart!

Here where says healthy body it doesn't mean gym fitness, Bible talked about well being of our bodies but not through the Gyms that are expressly condemned in the Bible for obvious reasons, but from a good habit of eating enough and work hard, the real work and not to sleep too much.

Business is a good antidote against melancholy---from:

http://bible.wiktel.com/mhc/1_samuel/17.html

Why I focused so much on sorrow, because that's what demons behind those ugly people near to you are trying to make you feel it. You just have to be smart and fight back with your faith, and new acceptance that gifts from God are for all, but blessings are just for the ones who take them.

So if you lack some of physical beauty, remember that beauty it's not only a gift from God, sometimes it can be a curse for so many people.

Most of the times to have certain type of beauty or not to be beautiful at all it can be the best blessing, you can say that from what have brought beauty many times to this world, from the angel Lucifer passing by Eva, Jezebel, Delilah and many people to these days who made evils to others using their beauty to do it or as a result to their excessive pride for it.

I hope this helps you a lot.

God Bless You.

Source(s): The Bible, Yahoo searcher, Wikipedia, The History Channel and my own experience.

pffff. You can find a better man, you know that. There are TONS OF FISH IN THE SEA.