Nate S asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Why do Lord of the Rings fans hate to see the MGM name attached to The Hobbit film duology?

Why do many die hard fans of The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit really hate the fact that MGM is producing The Hobbit movie project? Is it because they stole the rights from New Line, and that they're trying to stop the project from being made completely in the process? Oh, c'mon, MGM just owned the original movie rights since the early 1970s, which is why they're co-producing the project with New Line, who already made the Lord of the Rings movies. And now they're about to go bankrupt.

P.S. Please don't write answers like "Don't watch their movies," "Don't sell your movie idea to the studio," "I don't care if you like them" or "Well, I hate them" and think you're smarter than me, because I'm so tired of these kind of answers.

Favorite Answer

It's not because they hate the fact a studio other than New Line Cinema will be producing it, it's because of their financial problems that have made them unpopular. It's actually the main reason why production on The Hobbit has been delayed over the past year or two, not to mention the actors unions goin on strike. It's the same thing with James Bond fans. The latest Bond movie should've been released this year but because MGM has been brought to its knees on cash problems, they've had to delay it to at least 2012 to sort themselves out.

properly for one, how do you already know there have been no black hobbits, dwarves, elves, adult men, etc? you will discover that Tolkien curiously did no longer spend lots time describing the exterior colour of the characters. nevertheless to be conscious, the Horadrim have been maximum possibly middel-easterners (it fairly is, the place the LOTR occurs seems to be Europe, so the Horadrim, who come from the far south, could maximum possibly then be from the middle East).

The filming of this has gotten so much negative press people are tired of it. Film shoulda been made already. I don't care as long as its epic like the first 3

people who complain about movies are just a bunch of NERDS!