Is it too soon to try to have another baby?

My daughter will be 1 year old on Friday! yayy! My husband is in the military and i brought up the idea of having another baby, I mean my first pregnancy was a breeze i only pushed for 20 mins! he said we should wait another year or two. I'm fine with waiting for a little but i want my kids to grow up close in age like my brother and I because we get along so well! opinions?

• Bryce
    Favorite Answer

Back when nursing was the ONLY reliable way to get nutrition into a baby, women tended to get pregnant in 18-month to 2-year intervals -- the time it took for a baby to start eating solids and get weaned off the teat, as Dwight K Shrute might say.

Now you have more freedom, but you and your hubby need to decide this for yourselves.

Good luck!

I don't think its too soon to have another baby. I have 4 kids ages 4, 3, 18 months and 4 1/2 months so as you can tell, mine are EXTREMELY close together! LOL . My oldest two kiddos fight hard but love even harder and I wouldn't want it any other way. Plus, I know someone mentioned jealousy when you have them this close in age but I have found it to be the exact opposite. In my experience, b/c my oldest was only 16 1/2 months old when his sister was born, he didn't really know any other way but to always have a sibling. I have actually seen more jealousy when the first child has been the center of attention for a few years and then all of a sudden a new baby enters the picture. That child is old enough to know the situation has changed! LOL

So, to sum up my long answer, I say if your hubby will get on board, go for it. It's a challenge but in the long run its sooo worth it!

Source(s): Mommy to 4 kiddos, ages 4 & under :)

I don't think it's too soon at all I just had my baby girl 3 weeks ago and my son is 16 months old and everybody I know said it was smart and good, they said it would be hard for now but they will be close when they get older

There is the possibility of jealousness but that will pass eventually it will just be mentally and physically draining for you and baby for a while, baby will never remember though

Though it really is your choice and you guys need to find out what is right for both of you as a family.

Congrats and good luck!!

My step daughters are 14 1/2 (twins) and 13 and are inseparable. Now, I'm glad I wasn't there for the zero to three years because I value my sleep, but it does make a difference. My husband and I are on the fence, too, about when to try again. We decided that we would see just where it goes without using birth control for a while and without formally trying. Your husband may be okay with that. Then again, especially if he may be re-deployed soon, would he like to wait to try when he returns? With re-deployments being so common right now, sometimes husbands don't want or need to return to new child related chaos. Just something for you to consider...

Im in the same situation. I want to try for another when our son turns 1 (he is 7 months now) my fiance says he wants to wait a few years.....

I figure if we start trying when our son is one, knowing it might not happen right away (took us a freaking year to get pregnant) our kids will be about 2 years apart if we get pregnant within a few months of trying...I think thats prefect b/c my brother and I are 2 years apart!!

You 2 will have to decide together & do what is best for our whole family! Dont pressure him just try and make him see your side!

I do not think it is too soon for another my first 2 children were 20 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd are 2 yrs 3 weeks apart and we are now expecting baby # 4 and my youngest is 14 months and i am 4 mo along. Only you can decide if you are ready for another baby.

Good luck

Source(s): mom to 3

my daughter will be 31 mo when my second is born. she is regressing acting like a child wont sleep wants a binky and all yhe babies things. wait. wait til shes 3 to try or talk about it

No i dont think its to soon...i want my kids to be close in age as well..i dont have kids yet but its not to soon. Just as long as you and your husband both agree then its perfect :) congrats on the 1st bday.

• Carol

if you feel you ready and you can financially cope with another baby then i say yes go for it.