Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 9 years ago

Am I passing calculus?

Okay so I don't exactly know whether I'm passing my calculus class. Teacher grades solely on exams. We've had 3 so far, have another tomorrow and final on tuesday. My grades so far are 60, 52, 67. In my defense I got into calculus by accident, guessing on a placement test.. Dont plan to do much better on the next two tests, but by the looks of it am I passing? What grades do I need to pass like borderline. I am in college by the way, thanks to anyone who responds!

Favorite Answer

that depends on your grading scale but not likely, at the moment you average of those three are 59.

if you work on a grade scale where 60 is a passing d then that is what you need on your next two tests, a d average.

if you your scale is 70 is a passing d you need an 80 average on the next two tests

With any luck if you talk to your math teacher he might take your final grade as the course grade since it is based on everything. Your teacher will either tell the whole class this, or you can ask yourself (don't be embarrassed to ask). Most of my math classes the teacher has told the whole class this even though I didn't need it my friends did struggle in the beginning and did well on the final, so they got that grade. Even now with my incoming math final today on proof and notation (class after all 4 [or 3 if your semester] calculus classes) our teacher is taking the final grade for the whole class grade, but our grading scale was 10% hw 40% midterm and 50% final so it is understandable.

Source(s): Pure Math Major

Congratulations. I hope you get a career out of it. I used to love calculus as I treated it as puzzles. You're 36, returning to university. Good on you. What's wrong with your present occupation. What university are you attending? Just curious. I am 44, an artist. I wish I could go back to university and do more courses, but I am needed to run my ageing parents' shop. I am studying at home, though I'm not attending any colleges or taking tuitions, as I'm mainly self-taught. I am studying to make myriad self-improvements, some that would enhance my artistic career.

if I were you I'l drop the class because it'll do more harm to your gpa to get a d than an f. An f means it doesn't count but a d does count. If you really do want to take the class then try doing better next time.

No. Your average is low, try your best on the last exam