MJ™
MJ™ asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

How to join the United States Army.. Without..?

- Without greencard

- Without citizenship

Hello my name is Matt, my father was American and my mother is Italian, but unfortunately I only acquired Italian citizenship. despite this I want to serve my home country.. so, Is there any way with which i can get into the U.S. army? (any department)

Favorite Answer

Matt:

Only U.S. citizens or foreign nationals legally residing in the United States with an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card ("Green Card" -- INS Form I-151/551) may apply. Applicants must speak, write and read English fluently.

Can the Army help me obtain U.S. citizenship?

No. The U.S. military cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States.

Now if you live in the US and have your whole life you may be a citizen and not know it use curt's link above it will help you out in finding that out.

Good Luck to you my Friend

Source(s): USA VET 2002-2007

The only way you can enlist in the US Army is if you at least have permanent residency (green card). If you don't, then you won't be able to enlist. You can always contact a recruiter if you still have questions.

• Curt J

You may be a US citizen and not know it. Ask your parents if your birth was reported to the US Consulate and if it was, you need to obtain the proper documentation.

Here's a link that you may find useful: http://gaza.usvpp.gov/birth_abroad.html

Source(s): Curt Jones SFC, USA Retired Army Recruiter, 1981-1999

Why not just call your local recruiting station and ask them?