Elixir- Review/buying guide?

I'm thinking of buying the book Elixir by Hillary Duff. What is it really about? Is it a good read? Please Explain.

• .
    Favorite Answer

It's okay.

I would probably rate it a 3/5.

It starts nicely. The beginning is promising and makes you want to read ahead. But unfortunately, as the book progresses, it gets weirder. The ending is...well, horribly vague. But I read somewhere it's a series, and that would make more sense because the ending doesn't offer closure.

I would say, even if you want to read it, don't buy it. Try borrowing from a friend or the library. :]

Here's a synopsis:

As the daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington D.C. politician, Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. And though she dreads the paparazzi who track her every move, she herself is a talented photojournalist who takes refuge in a career that allows her to travel to the most exotic parts of the world.

But after Clea’s father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beautiful young man begin to appear in Clea’s photos—a man she has never seen in her life.

When Clea suddenly encounters this man in person she is stunned—and feels an immediate and powerful connection. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father’s disappearance and discover the centuries-old truth behind their intense bond.

Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fate, together they race against time to unravel their past in order to save their future—and their lives.