Anonymous

Can I get into the University of Michigan?

I have a 3.89 weighted GPA and i think my unweighted is like 3.5,and am taking honors spanish and will AP out junior year, honors science, honors english, honors social studies and honors math along with some business electives. I also play volleyball, and football, and am part of DECA a business club. Finally, me and my family go on volunteer trips to ghana africa once every other year. I am mainly worried about the GPA, even with that low of a GPA do you think I could still get in, because i heard that michigan has stopped looking at weighted GPA?

Thanks!

Actually my unweighted is either 3.5 or 3.4

• John
    Favorite Answer

Did you take your SAT yet? Take it twice. It used to be that SAT had to report all your scores, but the law changed a couple of years ago and now you get to pick which result you want to be sent to the school.

You've got great credentials, if you get a good SAT score you are in. You'd better either like or quickly develop a taste for football! Go Badgers!!

Unweighted 3.5?

Sorry, not that strong of a chance to get in, most students have a GPA of 3.75 or above.

• T Dog

It is possible. You sound like you have a diverse background. I would just try to get a good GPA and do well on the ACT and/or SAT and you may be good.

• james

you can not , gpa is just a surface

yes!!! (: