I want to read a book like Looking for Alaska by John Green?

Hey everyone, im looking for an extremely good read, much similar to Looking for Alaska by John Green. Preferably a book meant for teens. I like books that involve somewhat of a tragedy. So can you suggest any books like Looking for Alaska, involving death, or sadness. Or a love story (notttt twilight or any of those crap books) :) thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin:

If Naomi had picked tails, she would have won the coin toss. She wouldn't have had to go back for the yearbook camera, and she wouldn't have hit her head on the steps. She wouldn't have woken up in an ambulance with amnesia. She certainly would have remembered her boyfriend, Ace. She might even have remembered why she fell in love with him in the first place. She would understand why her best friend, Will, keeps calling her “Chief.” She'd know about her mom's new family. She'd know about her dad's fiancée. She never would have met James, the boy with the questionable past and the even fuzzier future, who tells her he once wanted to kiss her. She wouldn't have wanted to kiss him back.

But Naomi picked heads.

After her remarkable debut, Gabrielle Zevin has crafted an imaginative second novel all about love and second chances.

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson:

When Ginny receives thirteen little blue envelopes and instructions to buy a plane ticket to London, she knows something exciting is going to happen. What Ginny doesn't know is that she will have the adventure of her life and it will change her in more ways than one. Life and love are waiting for her across the Atlantic, and the thirteen little blue envelopes are the key to finding them in this funny, romantic, heartbreaking novel.

Check out any of Sarah Dessen's novels.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

A Separate Peace by John Knowles.

The whole Hunger Games trilogy if you're into dystopian fiction, but you have to get to the end of the third book to appreciate the tragedy.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aybRJ

I've read it and am also a fellow nerdfighter! It is a fabulous and emotional book, but it has a lot inapproriate things. Sexual, drugs etc. If your EXTREMELY mature and ignore someof the sexual things then you might be able to read it.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

-perks of being a wall flower

-winter fall

-before i fall

Source(s): sadness
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.