Who do chelsea need to be formidable again!?

I think we should get rid of

Paulo ferreira

Zhirkov

kalou

and bring in

Gary Cahill

Gareth Bale

David Luiz

Kun Aguero

Any Carroll

and a solid centre midfielder that can make things happen.What do you think

• Best Answer

Cahill and luiz and Aguero

but ain't happening cuz the Russian is concentrating on building stadias for the WC

It's not a huge job to bolster the Chelsea squad. The talent is there and for me, as a non-Chelsea fan, they have the best full-strength starting 11 in the league.

They do have some older players, but you'd expect the likes of Lampard, Drogba and terry to give you at least 2 more good seasons. That means you can now invest in younger players, who don't cost quite as much and will have time to bed in.

Ramires should be settled by next season and will make a bigger impact. I'd say there's still room for one more big signing now, particularly if Lampard is going to have injury problems.

Up front Chelsea really only player with one out-and-out striker (in the no. 9 mould), which is Drogba and will be for while still. So to sign a centre-forward doesn't make sense right now, especially one like Andy Carroll who's completely out-proven at the top level, still inconsistent and needs to play every week, not sit on the bench watching Drogba.

• mr. x

I think it's wishful thinking that we'd get even one of Bale, Aguero and Carroll. not to mention all 3.

Kalou and Zhirkov are solid players. Kalou is just having a bad patch right now. But he's second on the team in goals this year.

Can't get rid of Ferreira until there's already a replacement on the team. Chelsea are weak in defence right now. Only Ashley Cole has played all season at 100% fitness

We have a solid center midfielder. Actually, we have lots of them. Mikel, Essien, Lampard when healthy, McEachern..... (I forgot Ramires)

Chelsea will be back.... just be patient

• Nous

Hi there,

The reason why Chelsea are not up to scratch at the moment is because they have to many players in their 30s in the squad at the moment. These players are defnitely classy as can be seen by their performances at the beginning of the season, but fatigue has now set in and when it does the older ones generally struggle, thats why Chelsea are doing so at the moment. I do agree with you that Paulo Ferreira should be placed on the transfer market, he is now in his 30s and past his peak days. Zhirkov and Kalou however are youthful and can still be used to maximim capability for a few more years. Your list of players to bring in is also good. if Chelsea do bring in those players, I can see them winning the treble. I would also like to add Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey to that list. Donovan because the Mls is now over and because his club La Galaxy will be more than willing to loan him out, he is an extraordinary player who can do awesome things. Dempsey because he is a great player who does great things for Fulham. He is also 27, at peak and will come at a cheap price.

• ?

A lot of the Chelsea’s best players are over 30 and will need to be replaced in the coming years

The problem is finding the young players of the quality of these players

Just taking one example John terry

He is still one of the best centre backs in the world

But the only possible young replacements I can see are

Christian Zapata who plays for Udinese in the Serie A

Diego Godin who plays for Athetico Madrid in the La Liga

Ezequiel Garay who plays for Real Madrid in the La Liga

Gerard Pique who plays for Barcelona in the La Liga

And I can’t see any of these being released by there clubs

They need to sell John Terry, he is way too slow now for premier league, and so they need a good central defender as replacement. My pick would be Gary Cahill. Also they need a good attacking midfielder, as cover for Frank Lampard, such as Iniesta. As frank is injured 50% of the whole season.

• Numb

Kalou and Ferreira stay. Bring in Carroll.

ummmm gary cahill

your not getin bale.

no way hozay